Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force

Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force Kawasaki's big-bore, V-twin sport machine!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2006, 02:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View tcat1000's Photo Gallery(0)

ive had an 04 V for about 8 months now....not a single issue.....today the bike just stoped...no power or lights....i remember reading about the fuse under the seat blowing and would leave you stranded.....well it did....i put a new fuse in it and after about 1 min it will just blow.....i put in a third fuse and the bike was just sitting (with out running) and the fuse just blew after about a min.......i just could not find any wire that was broken or rubbing...........any help would be most helpful.......thanks..........dennis
tcat1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 12-17-2006, 02:35 PM   #2
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Premium Member

View Dvader's Photo Gallery(0)

check your cdi--look at the wireing---look for a short to ground.
Notoriuos to wear the insulation on the wire on the frame right at the cdi.
If not there --it is somewhere in that wire loom.
Check the whole thing.
Good luck
dvader

clutch cut [vfj stg3w/spidermod]
Muzzy Superpro.
elka`s ,, plus many add on`s

built and tuned by VFJ at interstate motorsports
Dvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #3
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Premium Member

View VENFORCER's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote:
ive had an 04 V for about 8 months now....not a single issue.....today the bike just stoped...no power or lights....i remember reading about the fuse under the seat blowing and would leave you stranded.....well it did....i put a new fuse in it and after about 1 min it will just blow.....i put in a third fuse and the bike was just sitting (with out running) and the fuse just blew after about a min.......i just could not find any wire that was broken or rubbing...........any help would be most helpful.......thanks..........dennis
[/b]

Trace the wires from the fuse as far as you can and look for worn insulation on the wires possibly grounding to the frame, or onto another wire. Some of the other wires are also ground wires. Hot-ground will blow a fuse everytime. The problem can also be intermintant if the grounding is soft (just touching).

VEN
2004 Green KFX 700, Boss Nos(30 shot), FST 803, stage 3 cams, AMR ported heads, 36mm carbs, My +7" cut and weld swinger, My 6 pack rack grab bar, My Manta dash, Stadium shocks front and rear, LTE exhaust, Razer 2 tires, IMS front bumper. My radiator guard. My 14mm stainless steel tie rods. ODI grips, Honda throttle, My stainless steel pegs, My billit stator cover.
www.atvtrickstuff.com
www.diamondgracing.com
VENFORCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Check the whole thing.
Good luck
dvader
[/b]
my first thought was the CDI (FST)....i had heard this CDI having some issues........thanks i will look closer or just put the stocker back in.....the CDI is only 4 months old....got it straight from Mickey........

Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Trace the wires from the fuse as far as you can and look for worn insulation on the wires possibly grounding to the frame, or onto another wire. Some of the other wires are also ground wires. Hot-ground will blow a fuse everytime. The problem can also be intermintant if the grounding is soft (just touching).

VEN
[/b][/quote]
ive traced all the wires and they all look very good..but i can only see the "jacket" that they r in.......i was hoping some simple "fix" was in order....nothing rubbing anywhere.....i just didnt want to split the jackets to expose the wires........
Old 12-17-2006, 05:25 PM   #5
Premium Member

Premium Member

View lpwall's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>
Check the whole thing.
Good luck
dvader
[/b]
my first thought was the CDI (FST)....i had heard this CDI having some issues........thanks i will look closer or just put the stocker back in.....the CDI is only 4 months old....got it straight from Mickey........

Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

VEN
[/b][/quote]
ive traced all the wires and they all look very good..but i can only see the "jacket" that they r in.......i was hoping some simple "fix" was in order....nothing rubbing anywhere.....i just didnt want to split the jackets to expose the wires........
[/b][/quote]
i thought the fst cdi was pretty reliable? wires on the frame check again.
05 White Maier Plastic, Maier Black Hood with Air Scoop, AC Racing Nerf Bars, AC Racing A-Frames, Skid and Swing Arm Plates. Diamond G Tie Rod Ends, Penland Black Tie Rods,Custom Black Bumper and Grab Bar, Custom Seat Cover, Dalton Clutch Cover and Weights, with EPI Maroon Spring (3 shims), Commet Black, or Dalton O/B. EHS Air Box Cover, 10 1 Inch Holes, K&N Air Filter with Outter Ware, Jetted 175F, 180R, Trail Tec Speedo endurance, Trail Tec 1 and 1/8 Bar Clamps with Dashboard Protector, Pep steering stablizer, Black Fasst Flex Handle Bars, ODI Grips, Honda Thumb Mod with Custom Billet Cover, 20 Inch Inline Coolers, HMF Dual Exaust Custom Black Cans, Elkas Sport Front and Rear Shocks. LM-1 Bung Installed. 12 Volt Power Supply Installed. 23x7x10 Kenda Bear Claws Fronts on Black C Series ITP Rims, 25x11x10 Interco Swamp Lites Rears on Black Baja T-9 Pro Series Rims.

Wish list: 730 BBK, FST CDI, Persision Steering Stablizer.
lpwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:38 PM   #6

View Pkspawn's Photo Gallery(0)

I don''t think Vader meant the actual CDI itself.. Just the wires around the CDI..

Unplug the CDI,, turn the Quad on.. See if the fuse blows.. If it does, keep looking.

But I can't remember ever hearing of a CDI blowing fuses..

Wiggle all the wires.. See if the fuse still blows..

PK, Inc - Stealing others Ideas since 1999!!</span>

Building the Ultimate Trail Machine: FST 715 BBK, Stage 2.5 cams, Twinair power Flo with 15 holes in airbox. Herrmann Racing A-arms and Anti-Vibe Steering Stem, Fluidyne Radiator, Hiper Wheels with Maxxis Razr2 tires. Fasst Flex Bars, Cycra Pro-Bend Handguards, Hardkor Front Hubs. Honda rear Hubs. AC Racing Wide Grab Bar, IMS Pegs, Heel Guard and Nerfs, Gas Tank. FST CDI, Elka Elite Front & Rear Shocks, 3/4 PRM Skids, THANK YOU FST - Maier Black Plastics , Muzy out - Muzzy Pro in.

On the way: Ultimate Trail and Race Carb Setup
Wishlist: Precision Stabilizer
<span style="color:#000000">Keeping it stupid:
25HP shot of NOS

'08 KFX 700 - The one above looks like a pretzel.
Pkspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:43 PM   #7
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Premium Member

View Dvader's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote:
I don''t think Vader meant the actual CDI itself.. Just the wires around the CDI..

Unplug the CDI,, turn the Quad on.. See if the fuse blows.. If it does, keep looking.

[/b]
yup--pk`s got the idea---the wires rub from vibration and short out.
Usually right at the turn where it plugs in at the cdi.

clutch cut [vfj stg3w/spidermod]
Muzzy Superpro.
elka`s ,, plus many add on`s

built and tuned by VFJ at interstate motorsports
Dvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:39 PM   #8

Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
yup--pk`s got the idea---the wires rub from vibration and short out.
Usually right at the turn where it plugs in at the cdi.
[/b][/quote]
went out tonight and re-checked all the wires......took off the CDI and noticed that all the wires r free and clear of the frame....and the best part(or worst) is i cant get the fuse to blow .....i tried to wiggle every wire i could get my hands on and the fuse would not blow........this is with the bike not running.....now im wondering if i have a water "gremlin"......blew 3 fuses when it was wet now the bike had a full day to dry out.....any suggestions...and also.....does the V have a "brake" light.....the tail light works but no brake light..........thanks.......
Old 12-19-2006, 05:52 AM   #9

View flht3's Photo Gallery(0)

yes.. it has a brake light.. electricial problems are a bitch !!!!
ims rad,roll design pegs,heal guards,carbon pro pipe,barts box,ktm tie rods,elkas w/res,itp,razr2,vampires,,k&n,decal driven graphics,pro taper,acerbis,custom seat,pro aluminium,vens guards,prm,ac,tech spec.......
flht3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:23 AM   #10
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Premium Member

View z-mann's Photo Gallery(0)

Mine did the same thing and it was the foot brake wiring that was shorting out on the frame. Check that asap as I had to replace a section of my wring harness as it burnt up.

04 kfx730- Fundy/amr powered
04 kfx764- " "
04 kfx? BK powered chain drive
08 kfx ? chain drive
04 z400
04 Prairie -BK 840
06 Sportmans 90
04 250ex
99 traxter
08 Teryx
z-mann is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force

Search tags for this page
08 teryx main fuse gets hot when running

1999 yamaha kodiak 400 blows fuse when key off

30 amp fuse blows in my mule 3010 diesel

kawasaki mule 3000 blows main fuse in start position

kawasaki mule 610 fuse box

kawasaki mule 610 fuse box location

kawasaki mule blows main fuse

kawasaki mule troubleshooting 40 amp fuse

kfx 700 blows 30 amp fuse
ninja 250 blowing 30 fuse
ninja 250 keeps blowing 30 amp fuse
what would cause my 2013 mule to blow main 30 amp fuse
yamaha grizzly 300 automatic keep blowing 30amp fuse
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.