FST Valve Clearance

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  FourStrokeTech 
#1 ·
Sorry about the waste of bandwidth... but is it supposed to be:

Intake: .004"
Exhaust: .006"

I can't find it anywhere...

#4 ·
I've been setting the valves for customers like that ust up until recently.

give them a little more clearance. I've been seeing the intakes getting stuck open when you keep tight clearances.

John
[/b]
Thanks... so should I still use .004 and .006, with a little slop... or should I go up a size on the guage with a little drag?

#5 ·
He told me he is setting them at 6 and 8 now. I adjusted mine to those spec's this weekend and it is a little louder but it should be safer.

#6 ·
He told me he is setting them at 6 and 8 now. I adjusted mine to those spec's this weekend and it is a little louder but it should be safer.
[/b]
Well that is just great, since I adjusted my valves to his old spec. It would have been nice if Mickey would have posted the new spec on here since he has sold so many kits in the past few month's.

#7 ·
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Well that is just great, since I adjusted my valves to his old spec. It would have been nice if Mickey would have posted the new spec on here since he has sold so many kits in the past few month's.
[/b][/quote]

Those setting just let the valves sit on the seats alittle longer, it will not make any power difference but may make the valves last longer.

#8 ·
I was replying to the question that was asked too VFJ. VFJ told me to try these specs not Mickey ;)

#9 ·
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Those setting just let the valves sit on the seats alittle longer, it will not make any power difference but may make the valves last longer.
[/b][/quote]
so what are you recomending now for specs mick? just so it is all clear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.