Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Redone the fuel line

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  VForceMadness 
#1 ·
I've already replaced the lines once for the larger carbs so it would be the same diameter all the way but is was some old line I had laying around. I got around today to changing the lines and filter out to some thing better, what you guys think?

[attachmentid=23563]
[attachmentid=23564]
[attachmentid=23565]

[attachmentid=23566]

#2 ·
I like it. ;) :D I seen those kits to do this at autozone and the price wasnt to bad on the kits either + you could get your own fuel line and the kit had the braided tubes to go over the fuel line and the anodized tips looked good.

#3 ·
I bought the high pressure braided hose from the speed shop for about $5.50 a foot (takes about 4 ft, had about a ft left over) and then the ends were about $8 a pair (takes two pr). I've seen the sleeve your talking about though but its not near as tight of weave but looks OK if done right.

#5 ·
I was going to do the AN fittings but since there is no way to put the fittings on the carb or fuel pump I just stuck with the hose clamp's. They turned out OK though.

#6 ·
I love the Aeroquip race hose look E, I've used it on many of my cars in the past, not only does it look great it eliminates the worry of lines chaffing and leaking and on the cooling side when used on radiator pipes etc it eliminates swelling of the pipes, its great stuff! B)

Andy

#7 ·
I have a long roll of large diameter braided cover a buddy gave me to use for my radiator hose but its to big, I wounder if I put it over my Muzzy if it would help with the heat.

#8 ·
I have a long roll of large diameter braided cover a buddy gave me to use for my radiator hose but its to big, I wounder if I put it over my Muzzy if it would help with the heat.
[/b]

Not sure E but I doubt it

Andy

#9 ·
:lol: Me too but I was looking for something to do with it :lol:

#10 ·
The lines look good E. I was thinking AN before I opened the pics. No worries on rubbing through a line now.

#11 ·
I wanted AN and could have got a filter with AN fittings but would have still had to clamp the hose on the carbs. I think the fuel pump pipe could be flared and an AN fitting used there also but would have been a lot of money just for a quad fuel line that doesn't see 2 psi.

#12 ·
Sweet looking lines. When will you do mine? :D I may have to steal your idea. I really like that idea.

I do not think the braided covering will reduce the heat. Those Muzzys are just hotttt. :)

#13 ·
That looks great :)
Have you removed the pressure regulator on the pump? It does give more flow,the only problem I've had was it can cause a siphon that will keep dumping fuel till you block the line off when the line is disconnected from the carb.

#14 ·
Have you removed the pressure regulator on the pump? It does give more flow,the only problem I've had was it can cause a siphon that will keep dumping fuel till you block the line off when the line is disconnected from the carb.
[/b]
No I haven't done this mod yet but have noticed mine will still siphon fuel if the line is disconnected and hanging down below the tank level, it just keeps coming out until the line is raised higher than the tank level. I may do the mod tomorrow but the pump doesn't seem to have any trouble keeping the bowls full on the 36's.

I will have the 1/4" spacers done to extend the float bowl in about two weeks and maybe it will need the extra flow then.

#15 ·
I'm looking forward to your testing. I don't want to give up the topend of the 36's but the stumble after a whooped up trail really sucks. I love to pound the bumps hard,just trying to skip across the top of them. It sucks big time when it stumbles and you nose dive into the next whoop,then the ass end tries to pass you or kick you off B)
It doesn't happen all the time,but it still sucks........

#16 ·
I'm working on it!!! I found a guy that would make them out of 1/4" thick alum like the ones Monkey has for about $50 a set. Should have about 10 sets(two spacers a set) in two weeks. Then we'll begin the testing and hopefully have good luck with them because going from the 36's back to stock are like going from a BBK back to stock bore and we just cant have that. :lol: 7RWHP on a stock bore kit!

#17 ·
Have you looked at the water separator tubes that they have on some snowmobile carbs?
The drain plug has a hose attached so the water goes to the bottom. It does give the float bowl more volume.

#18 ·
We don't just need more volume we need the extra space to use a longer jet to get farther down in the fuel so maybe the jet wont come out of the fuel when sloshing. If our bowl drain was directly below the main jet that would work, right now the longer jets are touching the bottom of the float bowls so we need just a wee bit more space.

[/b]
Does anyone know what ID and length hose is needed to replace the regulator in the fuel pump.

#19 ·
It's the same size as the factory fuel line that goes to the petcock.You only need about 2 inches.

#20 ·
I did the mod today and this is the part I removed and replaced with fuel line, so I hope it's right. Is this the regulator that was supposed to be removed?

[attachmentid=23590]
[attachmentid=23591]
[attachmentid=23592]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.