Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Valve clearance

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  orangecrush05 
#1 ·
On the Kawie Forum website they show the clearance on the valves .10 - .15 and .20 - .25. Is this correct?

#2 ·
I think stock is .004/.006 mm but with bigger cames I set mine at .006/.008mm.

#5 ·
On the Kawie Forum website they show the clearance on the valves .10 - .15 and .20 - .25. Is this correct?
[/b]
700V.com---adjusting valves

#7 ·
If it is stock just set it at .004 / .006 & stop worrying about it. people in here will not purposley stear you in the wrong way. or try & hert you or your bike this is a kick A$$ site for the V with lots of very smart people in here that love the V & want to help you for free.

#8 ·
If it is stock just set it at .004 / .006 & stop worrying about it. people in here will not purposley stear you in the wrong way. or try & hert you or your bike this is a kick A$$ site for the V with lots of very smart people in here that love the V & want to help you for free.

Oh no worries here. You guys have helped me many times. I was just a little confused with the numbers thats all. Are the intake and exhaust the same settings?
[/b]

#9 ·
No..
The intake is the lower # and the exhaust is the larger #

#12 ·
[/b]
The numbers are correct, but that should be in inches, not millimeters. (.004" .006")

#14 ·
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
The numbers are correct, but that should be in inches, not millimeters. (.004" .006") [/b][/quote]

Yep..
I get it mixed up sometimes :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.