Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Won't idle without choke on

20K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Delmustator 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys! I'm back!

It's been almost 5 years since my last visit!

I went and pulled my V-Force from storage. I think it had about 10 hours of run time before I had to store it. Only to find that it will not run properly without the choke on. Among other things, I replaced the battery, added new fuel, oil, and coolant. She cranks up immediately but I cannot open the choke without it stalling.

Surely a fuel starvation issue. I put some Sea Foam in the fuel and ran it for about 30 minutes but that did not clear the issue. The carbs and filters (including fuel) are factory clean.

Any suggestions short of pulling the carbs and doing a thorough cleaning?

#4 ·
Yeah, I didn't drain them. Just drained the tank, put a little fuel stabilizer in and stored. I really didn't expect it to be in storage so long.

I did drain them before cranking it back up. The fuel was yellower than normal for sure and didn't smell much like gasoline. I was hoping the Sea Foam would break any shellac'in down.

I'm a good mechanic but not alot of carb experience. Too many tiny parts to get misplaced.

#7 ·
u might try putting staight race fuel in tank drain carbs until ur sure race gas in coming out let sit for 24 hr drain again and let sit another 24. did this on my shelby that had almost full tank of gas when stored,,, less than 1/4 when it came out of storage. first round came out discolored yello 2nd round came looking like fresh fuel, filled tank with ethel gas and fired her up no problem and a whole easier than pulling tank out of car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.