Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Lakota Tires

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  John32070 
#1 ·
22-10-10 tires to be specific. I have a Lakota with original back tires with more plugs than a french you know what and getting low on tread. I've found some cheap Chinese "Ambush" tires on eBay that are 22-10-10. I should have no problem with these on my Lakota right since they are only an inch narrower.

Thanks.

T.C.

#2 ·
They'll technically work, but the bead of the rim will sort of stick out a little and catch on rocks and roots. You'll destroy the rims real quick if your trails aren't the best.

The ones I saw on ebay didn't look that cheap to me for chinese tires.

Try this place http://tiresunlimited.com/atv_tires.htm

Or this place too http://www.nebraskatire.com/atv?page=1
The Power Gear Rear IA-8022 part way down the page look pretty decent

I shipping wasn't such a killer, I have some good used Kenda Klaw 22x11-10 that I'd sell cheap. Probably cost more to ship than it's worth to you.

#3 ·
Hey Nebraska tire is only about a half hour away from me. I've looked their other site up before and never seen these prices.

I was looking at these Kawasaki LAKOTA 300 Rear Tires 22x10 10 22x10x10 22 10 10 | eBay but buying local is actually cheaper. A friend of mine may have some tires on honda rims too so I'll go check those out.

I don't trail ride. Honestly it's a waste for me to even own an ATV really for the time being. The town I lived in until I got married a few months back lets you ride them around town with a flag on them so it was my grocery getter. Right now it just sits. I'm getting it ready to go hunting with next year. Since it's not 4x4 I'll want somewhat aggressive tread since where I hunt is very hilly. It will mostly be used to get back and forth from the blind to the pickup and to pull the deer up. Being it's a straight axle it should do just fine. My father inlaws Yamaha 350 4x4 never needed to be put in 4x4 other than to load it on the trailer so mine should do just fine.

I'm also going to do the top end on it thus summer. I've found a place I can get a jug, piston, rings and gaskets for about 250 so it's basically a bolt and go. Obviously I'll need to do the valves etc but ordering that it should just be a weekend project. Right now it's a mosquito fogger and has so much blowby that the spark plug gets oil fouled and the thing won't start. So I have like 9 sparkplugs from my MC that I keep glass beading and leave in the quad.

Thanks a lot for the link. I even have my own tire machine so mounting this will be a cake walk.

#4 ·
Also let me know what they want to ship and how much you want for them and send me a pic. It might be worth it to me. I really won't be riding it a ton. I'd love to trail ride but there's nothing here in Nebraska. My friend has a small track but that's all I know of around here.

#6 ·
I'm having a hard time figuring shipping, but it looks to be near $60. Tires are a pain to ship. You'd be looking at 120 shipped, so you're probably better off getting some local. Picture included anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.