Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

rear axle bearings

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Mohawk 
#1 ·
Is there a special trick to gettin the rear axle bearings apart? I am at a loss and do not have a manual. it looks like the 2 nuts come off then the disc hub slides off but mine won't budge. thanks in advance for any advice.

#2 ·
If you have the axle nuts off. I take it you also have taken the chain and rear brake off. Also the hub will have to be removed.(I put that in there because you didnt say if you had done any of these things) If so and its still not comming off what you can do is to tap on the end of axle. The shock from the hammer blows should jar the brake hub loose. Dont strike the axle to hard though. If you need to strike it harder use a block of wood so that there want be any damnage done to the axle. After you remove the axle use a long punch to drive out the old bearings and seals. Then just reinstall all the parts in revers. Hope all of this helps.

#3 ·
Yeah I have the swing arm off the bike. I am guessing mine is just stuck real good I have split a 4x4 piece of wood trying to get it loose. I guess I will let it soak some more. I thought I may have missed something. But now I know. Thanks for the reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.