Gun rack for pro fxt - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Kawasaki Mule Discussions for the Kawasaki Mule UTV (Kawasaki Mule Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 11-29-2016, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Gun rack for pro fxt

Can you give some ideas or pictures for a gun rack for the mule. I put a couple of "grip type" holders on the hand bar on back of front seat. Works great for carrying gun but is difficult to get gun quickly if a coyote or somethings comes out. We had an overhead rack in old mule but was also hard to get gun out quickly for something.
Any suggestions will sure be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 11-30-2016, 03:47 AM

We use the Koplin grip style holders. they work great. I also put a rubber matt on the steel bed floor to keep the gun butts from slipping around. Bought a rubber matt at tractor supply and cut it to fit with my circular saw.

brewdog

2017 Mule FXT EPS LE
post #3 of 20 Old 11-30-2016, 04:36 AM

Here's what I've learned so far on gun rack.
Got my Mule Pro about month ago.

I have a Fortress Steel roof.
I ordered the Great Day overhead gun rack.
It is a well made product but for me two problems.
The Fortress roof fits so snug and tight to the roll bars there isn't really room for the ends of the gun rack to properly seat, I would have had to either let the Fortress roof bend or cut down the ends of the gun rack that go on the roll bar.

Not the fault of Great Day and not the fault of Fortress, just something to consider.

The other problem with the overhead rack in general especially with my roof is it seemed like it would always bother me how close it was to my head in the cab. I'm 6'2" so anyone with less height to deal with might not mind.

In the end I sent the Great Day rack back and am still on the hunt for gun storage.

Thanks! Hope this helps others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 11-30-2016, 05:31 AM

Re: Gun Rack

Look at Sure Grip gun racks
post #5 of 20 Old 11-30-2016, 10:52 AM

The one I used mounts to the floor in the center. Hold to guns upright between driver and passenger. Keeps them out of the way completely and they are pretty quick to get to them. They are made by rugged gear. Here's the link. Buds gun shop has it the cheapest at 70 for the permenamt mount. They also make a removable version for a little more and even a 4 gun model which wouldn't fit in the cab but could be bolted in the bed

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...Rack+Permanent
post #6 of 20 Old 11-30-2016, 01:12 PM

Sure grip is the way to go for rear gun storage. I purchased a great day and it stinks in comparison.

For quick access while in front seats we lay weapons forward with barrels resting on foam that is attached to a front aftermarket basket. Works great !

I've been thinking you could take a 3x3x12 ( inches ) piece of foam and make three cut outs to hold guns and just velcro it to the top of the dash and it would work as well.

See attached pic of how we carry guns for shooting quickly out of my brother n laws ranger.
Front basket is aluminum and came from http://texashuntingsys.com All of their stuff is TOP shelf.

TBD
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (55.3 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by ThreeBirdDogs; 12-01-2016 at 12:02 PM.
post #7 of 20 Old 11-30-2016, 04:02 PM

Love that Guerini, ThreeDogs.
post #8 of 20 Old 11-30-2016, 11:30 PM

Three Bird Dogs, that's how I like mine to ride also. Looks like a good set up. The ARs are always a PIA to carry but that looks handy.

I like that house and porch in the background. Is that purchased or on rent? LOL

2015 Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT EPS
Tough Country Front Replacement
27x11 Moto Hammers on MSA F2 Wheels
HD Springs
post #9 of 20 Old 12-01-2016, 04:29 AM

don't laugh.... It's called the Catirina Country Club.

FYI Texas hunting systems in Houston can make rear seat cup holders. I'll post pics in a few weeks after having mine made.

TBD

Last edited by ThreeBirdDogs; 12-01-2016 at 04:38 AM.
post #10 of 20 Old 12-01-2016, 04:39 AM

threebirddogs I see you are Leander, I'm Liberty Hill!
We should compare notes some time.

I'm leaving first thing Friday morning for Ft. Stockton mule deer hunting for the week, I'll holler when I get back.

Also guys for gun rack, on this trip I'm going to be trying several different methods, rack in roof, propping gun barrel down in that nook in footwell between driver / passenger in front seat and resting on something along seat, and whatever else I can come up with and try.
I'll give report on experience.

Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Mule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode