Aftermarket CVT belt for Mule Pro FXT - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Kawasaki Mule Discussions for the Kawasaki Mule UTV (Kawasaki Mule Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-10-2017, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Aftermarket CVT belt for Mule Pro FXT

Has anyone tried the aftermarket cvt belts like the Gates Gforce belts? I know in years past the rule was to only use OE belts like on my Kawasaki Prairie. It would be nice since they are less than half the cost.

2015 Kawasaki Mule pro FXt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-11-2017, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Since I got no responses. I just ordered a Gates G force 42g4266 belt. This is the non carbon fiber belt (Not available yet). Amazon has it for $58 with free shipping. Based on my reading, the Gforce belts are liked especially on the Polariz rzr forums. It also has a 2 year warranty. If it goes bad they will replace it for $15 when you mail back the old one.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-11-2017, 06:35 AM

I have not had to change a belt yet, but your post has prompted me to check the wear on mine. I also look at the belt on Amazon as I really should have a spare in the toolbox. Let us know how it go when you get it on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-11-2017, 08:22 AM

You won't be sorry with it. Gates makes some great belts and their customer service is great too. I've ran them on my rangers for years with no problems at all. Once they release the carbon fiber model that's what will be going in the mule
post #5 of 11 Old 03-14-2017, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Guess what? Gates just came out with a carbon belt#42c4266. It is however, double the price of the kevlar belt. Not sure if it is worth the extra money. I will keep the standard G force I already ordered and give a future update as to how it is working. Maybe someone else will try out the carbon one.
post #6 of 11 Old 03-14-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty2701 View Post
Guess what? Gates just came out with a carbon belt#42c4266. It is however, double the price of the kevlar belt. Not sure if it is worth the extra money. I will keep the standard G force I already ordered and give a future update as to how it is working. Maybe someone else will try out the carbon one.
yeah, double the price is a bit much for me too. Did a little searching and found prices all over the place. This place has it for $85.
42C4266 Gates G-Force Carbon Cord CVT Belt
post #7 of 11 Old 03-15-2017, 06:44 AM
tef

Quick question, how hard is it to change the belt? Im fairly mechanically inclined, willing to try, but never done one before.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-15-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Guess what? Gates just came out with a carbon belt#42c4266. Maybe someone else will try out the carbon one.
I'll buy it as soon as my oem belt gives up. Well I'll buy it now and have it for when the oem goes to shit. I've had great luck and long life out of the carbon belt on my ranger that's why I don't mind spending the extra cash for it. To me it's worth it. Once the stock belt blows up I'll report back on the carbon belt
post #9 of 11 Old 03-15-2017, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuleProFXT View Post
Quote:
yeah, double the price is a bit much for me too. Did a little searching and found prices all over the place. This place has it for $85.
42C4266 Gates G-Force Carbon Cord CVT Belt
It is amazing how much price variation there is on the Gates belts. The standard belt was cheapest at Amazon. The carbon belt is $114 there. Amazon prices do include free shipping.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-16-2017, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tef View Post
Quick question, how hard is it to change the belt? Im fairly mechanically inclined, willing to try, but never done one before.
Relatively easy. The only difficulty would be is to take apart the driven pulley to adjust the shims to get the right deflection. I devised something using a piece of wood with a hole and two clamps to compress the spring.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Mule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode