Considering 2017 Mule PRO FXT EPS - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Kawasaki Mule Discussions for the Kawasaki Mule UTV (Kawasaki Mule Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 03-15-2017, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Considering 2017 Mule PRO FXT EPS

Considering purchasing a new FXT. I now have a John Deere Gator 625i. My major complaint about it is the noise. I also need more seating capacity for the grandboys now that I am recently retired..I am not able to test drive one so I am not able to form my own opinion about the noise level..Can any of you guys tell me how it compares to the Gator especially in the area of noise? Also I'm curious as to the difficulty of power washing out the cab..My Gator washes out well but the Mule looks to be more difficult to wash out..Any other information regarding reviews of the Mule Pro FXT are appreciated..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 03-15-2017, 07:21 PM

I can't compare to the Gator but comparing the Mule Pro Fxt to my fathers Polaris Ranger 900 XP of the same year is pretty significant difference. Mule hands down is much quieter and smoother. You can have a conversation with the people in vehicle without having to scream. Like i said the ride is great and having the ability to put on six passengers fit the bill perfectly for me. Switch the sitting to 3 and have a nice long bed. As far as power washing out the cab, I dont find it too painful but would guess it might be a bit more than your current Gator. The flip side to that is the Mule Pro has the doors which you dont say if your Gator has? If it doesnt then there is a good chance the doors on the Mule will help keep junk out of your cab thus lessening the mess. I thought I'd take the doors off but have really grown to like them. One thing that obviously makes cleanout easier is to make sure all doors are open so you can flush the gunk out working from one side to the other. Personally, I think you would be very pleased going with the Mule.
post #3 of 24 Old 03-15-2017, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks..I definitely have the bug!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 03-15-2017, 09:26 PM

Have you ever heard the gator 825i run? If so that's what the mule sounds like. They both use the exact same motor. Few differences like electronics and what not but for the most part it's the same 812cc motor. I know you said you can't test drive the mule. If you could maybe test drive the 825i that will give you a great idea of sound level
post #5 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmarco89 View Post
Have you ever heard the gator 825i run? If so that's what the mule sounds like. They both use the exact same motor. Few differences like electronics and what not but for the most part it's the same 812cc motor. I know you said you can't test drive the mule. If you could maybe test drive the 825i that will give you a great idea of sound level
I have not but others have told me the 825 is MUCH quieter than the 625
post #6 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 10:20 AM

For 9 years I wouldn't have any gas buggies on my place because I hated the noise. We all rode around on electric carts. They are super quiet, but they just didn't have the power I really wanted, and batteries are a pain to deal with. The ultimate deal breaker though was the suspension. My wife and I got tired of getting beat up every time we went for a ride. So I went and test drove a bunch of gas and diesel carts. For me at least, the Mule won in pretty much every category, but I will focus on the ones you asked about. The Mule doesn't have what I call the "ping" a lot of gas motors make. Its more of a lower, constant rumble, and was definitely the least noisy of all the things I tried out. I say "least noisy" instead of "most quiet" because the thing still is noisy when you are coming from a totally silent vehicle. With that said, you can hear it coming, but its easy to have a conversation while driving it, even between passengers in the front and back. Putting on a windshield will only make it better too. As far as power washing, I'm not going to directly spray the dashboard, but everything else has been blasted without issue, including the floor of the front seat. Regarding the doors, I know 3 people with Mules (myself included) who said "the first thing I'm doing is taking those darn doors off". However, all three of us still have the doors on after a year plus of ownership. They keep the crap from flying in (or out) of the vehicle and really are not an inconvenience. Just some other things I would say:
-It rides like a caddy. Seriously.
-It is very powerful
-It starts every time I turn the key

For full disclosure, the biggest "gripes" I have are:
-Its a lot of plastic. You would think for 16k there would be less plastic
-The tilt bed is sorta useless. You have to have the weight waaaay in the back unless you are a lifter
-Aftermarket upgrade parts are scarce/expensive (that seems to be improving)
-The stock ground clearance is maybe a tiny bit too low. Not terrible, but I wish it was more. I don't really want to have to lift a machine this expensive and possibly void the warranty

I do not regret my purchase at all. I drove several things and this was by far the best for my situation which sounds pretty similar to yours. I poke around my farm and do work, but then the kids come for some weekends and we go play. I have a PRO FXT LE EPS with a plastic roof. I put a winsdhield, front and rear bumpers, a winch, back up lights, under seat storage, and "custom" cut mats in the bed. That has made me pretty much happy with the machine. I really hope you end up getting one. Its a fun thing to have and I really doubt you would regret it. I don't see many used ones for sale...

Last edited by shaanar; 03-16-2017 at 10:23 AM.
post #7 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 01:26 PM
DEG

Garage
I bought a 2017 LE. Installed the Highlifter 2"lift that lifted it almost 4", Wet Sounds Stealth 10 speaker sound bar, Trash can under seat storage, rear view mirror, and a battery powered dome light. Couldn't be happier with the machine. Great ride, quiet, and pulls my 16' lowboy trailer with ease loaded.
post #8 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

I test drove a FXT EPS today..All I can say is WOW! I cannot believe how much quieter it is than my Gator..John Deere should be ashamed..Rather than selling my Gator and buying the FXT I may just have to buy the FXT and then focus on selling the Gator..Making sure prospective buyers don't see my Mule..
post #9 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 07:50 PM

I also bought the FXT for the quietness besides the plush ride. After having 3 Kubota RTVs, a Honda Big Red(UTV) and Polaris 900 Browning, the mule is basically whisper quiet compared to them. This past fall at hunting camp, my brother asked me if I was going to warm up the Mule as we were on the porch getting dressed about 15 yrds way. Told him it was already on. He just sort of smirked and shook his head.
post #10 of 24 Old 03-16-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawman1 View Post
I test drove a FXT EPS today..All I can say is WOW! I cannot believe how much quieter it is than my Gator..John Deere should be ashamed..Rather than selling my Gator and buying the FXT I may just have to buy the FXT and then focus on selling the Gator..Making sure prospective buyers don't see my Mule..
Glad you got to test drive one. Really nobody can describe the noise level power or just how comfortable these things really are until you actually see one up close on your own. If I was you I'd sell the gator and not even think twice about it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Mule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode