Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Mule 3010

25K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Yaddammerpl 
#1 ·
I have rebuilt Carb,went threw intake duct new plugs checked wires checked coils,the thing runs fine but it will not idle,if you turn idle all the way up it will idle some but hit gas and dies,if you leave it low you can hold the gas and it runs fine,I have adjusted everything cables carbs etc,I AM LOST,Fn Lawn Mower Motors on UTV what the crap,well if you have a IDEA please let me hear it I am all ears.............................. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

#3 ·
Is it getting enough fuel from the pump?

#5 ·
had the same problem with my fleet of mules at work. a guy on another forum posted the pilot jets were too small. he drilled them out to .020. they are about .016. i did the same and what an improvement. you will have to adjust the idle after you drill them. i found the drill bit in a torch tip cleaning kit. no more stalling & off idle no hesitation.

#7 ·
A real fix

had the same problem with my fleet of mules at work. a guy on another forum posted the pilot jets were too small. he drilled them out to .020. they are about .016. i did the same and what an improvement. you will have to adjust the idle after you drill them. i found the drill bit in a torch tip cleaning kit. no more stalling & off idle no hesitation.
I tried this recommendation a few weeks back on a Suzuki QUV (2005 3010 mule). I used a #76 precision drill bit (.021") I believe. It is a 100% fix. It is not the same machine. Use the parts diagrams off the Kawasaki web site if you are not sure what parts you are working with. This is not a complicated fix. After you open the idle jets up to .020-.021 you will need to adjust the 2 idle screws on the top of the carb. Three turns off the bottom is a good place to start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.