Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Sponsor Support > Truro Recreation Products

Truro Recreation Products Truro Recreation Products - Truro, Nova Scotia - 902-893-DYNO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
Supporting Vendor
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Premium Member

View Dynoray's Photo Gallery(0)
Default KFX Supercharger

Just a quick update, we have a schedual put together (pretty tight schedual) of getting the finishing touches on a bunch of 1000's and lucas motors and finishing the big cam testing between now and next Sunday.
If all that goes according to plan, we'll be back to the KFX Supercharger kit the week of the 16th. If I can get back at it early that week, we should be testing late that week, which will work out well as the 1/4 mile tracks open the 21st so we could do the some track testing that weekend.
Right now thats best case, and thats if I can stay standing for another straight couple of weeks.
Ray
Dynoray is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

View Psi-820's Photo Gallery(12)

this far of?i sold my turbo kit and want this instead but im gona need everything carbys and all basically open the box and fit it and ride can u do that
Old 09-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
Premium Member

Premium Member

View asnowmobiler's Photo Gallery(20)

Dare I say it?????? "2 weeks"

Nope... I wont say it

Team Green 04 V-Prairie, Ported AMR 730,XX cams,Digatron gauges,VFJ custom clutch with EBC bearing removed,V-force gears,AMR ported intakes,programmable Dyna,30 shot of Boon,Brute Force Flywheel,stock carbs,stock exhaust,Flexx bars,Rox Risers,ODI grips,Tusk Dozer plow,ECT.
AMR 330 347 6800
2013 BMW K1600GT
asnowmobiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
Supporting Vendor
Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by Psi-820 View Post
this far of?i sold my turbo kit and want this instead but im gona need everything carbys and all basically open the box and fit it and ride can u do that
Hi Troy, yes the kit is bolt on and go. Doesn't come with carbs but I'm sure we can get you a set.
Here's were we're at, as of this spring our supercharger design works awesome up to 240HP, much more then 240HP and we had a durabilty issue. We made change to two parts in the design (either one should fix the higher HP problem) but we changed both parts to be sure that we can run up to the 400HP range. The two parts that we changed were two parts that we couldn't make in house at that time. So while waiting for those parts to be made, any extra time I had went in to finishing our original supercharger design, which is COMPLETEY different then anything else out there and SHOULD be even better. So right now, I have to machine a couple kits worth of parts of the NEW system, it could be perfect right out of the box or it could need YEARS more developement. If it's perfect out of the box great, if not then we go back to new upgraded -12 system.
The delay has been the camshafts, up untill a few weeks ago, I was working 7 days a week 12-18 hours a day on camshafts. After all, superchargers are not much good without camshafts to go with them.
Now that cam development is done, I haven't been able to get away from the phone. In the last 3 weeks, I have done 9 sets of big bore cylinders, a couple sets of heads and one std bore build that hasn't even been on the dyno yet. So basically I have gotten about 40 hours of work accomplished in the last 336 hours in the shop.
Right now I have one motor to go on the dyno Monday morning, then I have 11 more 1000's and 800 race motors to finish up and dyno, all are partially done but these are all $7000-$10,000 builds so there is A LOT of work in all of them.
In between that, we have a BUNCH of big bores with cylinders to ship out, I think we're at 22 or 24 sets of big bore cylinders I have to do right now.
Then I can do the final supercharger tests and decide which design we are are going to use.
So, if I do not take any calls for the next 2-3 weeks, we should be back to superchargers. Once I am back to superchargers, we'll know within a week as to which design we're putting into production, then probably another week to put the first 5 kits together and about a month to get everyone on the list shipped.
Hopefully we can keep to that schedual somewhat, any new engine builds now are being booked for spring 2012 so once these few builds are done, it's nothing but Superchargers.
Thanks,
Ray
Old 09-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #5

View Psi-820's Photo Gallery(12)

so is my name on one of the first 5 kits?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
Supporting Vendor
Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by Psi-820 View Post
so is my name on one of the first 5 kits?
Yes I think so, if it's not then we'll make 6, 7 or 8 or what ever kits in the first batch so you can get one of the first production shipment.
The first one of the final design that comes off the dyno is going direct to LV, then we'll put enough kits together to get everyone that got on the list first looked after.
Ray
Old 09-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #7
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Premium Member

View hndlbarmonkey's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by Dynoray View Post
Hi guys, sorry I haven't been on here in awhile, I have been CRAZY busy, just working and sleeping.
We tested Superchargers all winter again and everything is AWESOME up to 250 HP, from 250-300HP we sometimes had a little issue. We have made two changes to the system, either one would fix the problem to 300-350HP but we did both to , hopfully ensure, we will be good to 400+HP. The new compressor wheels and shafts could be here the end of this week but maybe not until next week.
Once the new parts are here, we need a couple days of testing and we will either have a 400+HP system ready to go or we will release a 300, 325, 350HP (or what ever is bullet proof now) system and send upgrade's once the 400+HP system is bullet proof.
The rest of this week I will be doing more cams and getting a bunch of 1000 and 800 race motors finished so I won't be coming to the phone.
Thank you all for understanding.
Ray
pretty much what you said 4 1/2 months ago

you make my head hurt
what cams did you do all this testing with the 300, 325 350 hp motors, obviously not your own special ones....surely not WEB cams

all those 1000 and 800 cc motors still being finished

Home of the proven fastest and quickest all motor Kawies in the world
Quote: Originally Posted by hndlbarmonkey View Post

It says race because it was 12.6:1, instead of 11:1
lol, so going from 11:1 to 12.6:1 is building a race motor to you
LOL, back in 04-05, pretty much, LOL
AMR 840 trail bike
Fundy 800 race motored trail bike<wifes

Fundy 800 drag bike

It's nice when you get to a point, where you don't give a shit anymore

Last edited by hndlbarmonkey; 09-03-2011 at 08:28 PM.
hndlbarmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #8
Supporting Vendor
Premium Member

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been on here in awhile, I have been CRAZY busy, just working and sleeping.
We tested Superchargers all winter again and everything is AWESOME up to 250 HP, from 250-300HP we sometimes had a little issue. We have made two changes to the system, either one would fix the problem to 300-350HP but we did both to , hopfully ensure, we will be good to 400+HP. The new compressor wheels and shafts could be here the end of this week but maybe not until next week.
Once the new parts are here, we need a couple days of testing and we will either have a 400+HP system ready to go or we will release a 300, 325, 350HP (or what ever is bullet proof now) system and send upgrade's once the 400+HP system is bullet proof.
The rest of this week I will be doing more cams and getting a bunch of 1000 and 800 race motors finished so I won't be coming to the phone.
Ray

you make my head hurt
what cams did you do all this testing with the 300, 325 350 hp motors, obviously not your own special ones....surely not WEB cams

Unfortunatley we couldn't finish any of those motors without camshafts and I wouldn't send any of them out with cams that I wasn't 100% sure of. Even if it meant everyone of those $80,000 worth of engines customers cancelled, I still wouldn't ship engines with parts that I knew would fail. These customers are paying for the best and now they cam have it.
We have done 99% of the supercharger testing on sleds as we can run the hell out of 400+ HP sleds, hell my new pro mod sled will be over 800HP, but we just can't run a 400HP ATV for more then 1/4 mile at a time here other then on the dyno.
ONE of our supercharger test sleds has over 32,000 KM on it and we have 3 of them. Imagine trying to put that on an ATV 1/4 mile at a time.

By the way Tom, there is only so much I can do, If we could make 48 hour days and 14 day weeks it would be much better.
We're also build two new race tracks, both 2400ft long and have $5000 a day worth of equipment working there and I have been on site a total of 6 times in the last 2 months for a total of about 8 hours.
So yes, things are a bit hecktick here.
Ray

Last edited by Dynoray; 09-03-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

View HeadsupRacing's Photo Gallery(0)

Ray

you make my head hurt

, I cant stop laughing....nothing like a few more weeks........Im in line,
08' 700 Raptor
07' DS 250
04' 700 V Force
05' 400 Outty Max
12' 50 Raptor
HeadsupRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Premium Member

View kujo's Photo Gallery(0)

We're also build two new race tracks, both 2400ft long
Ray

dirt drag tracks? out by the old shop?

kujo is online now   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Sponsor Support > Truro Recreation Products

Search tags for this page
fundy kfx
fundy kfx 700 supercharger
kfx 450r turbo kit

kfx 700 supercharger

kfx 700 turbo kit

kfx 700 turbo kit for sale

kfx supercharger

super charger for atv

supercharger for atv

teryx supercharged rwhp
teryx supercharger
truro recreation parts kfx
turbo kit for a kawasaki 450cc 4 stroke
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.