Finished!! Vfj adjustable atv and teryx race weight kits - Page 2 - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Interstate Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 44 Old 12-23-2010, 03:21 AM
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Dalton is not the only one with adjustable weights so is STM they make some very good weights also and they are adjustable I dont think it matters unless they are making and sell the same exact product under there name

2012 TERYX
750 SPORT

2012 FX2 Super Crew F150
355 Gears Rear Locker
SCT X4 Tuner/Unleashed Tuning
Kicker Soundgate kit
Lowered
VAS Traction Bars
Wagner Intercooler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 Old 12-23-2010, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Ray, If you read Dalton's website or have ever used their products, they have patented the "quick adjust" where you screw the set screw into the weight without removing it. It's even on their banner at the top of this page.

You're sounding like another Re-Todd I know of.

Mine, Unlike the Dalton, you bolt the weights into the side using varying mass hardware you can remove and install an unlimited amount of times. Dalton's you can rivet in to the side, if it didn't work you have to remove it with a hammer or grinder, Buy more, then try again. Everyone has a different profile, different mass, pin area making each weight unique. Therefore different.

the only way for me to infringe on patent, is for me to copy daltons Or anyone's exact setup, weight and dimensions. (Or use their quick adjust method) Like making a chinese copy.

Mine are not like ANYONE ELSES in any way, shape, or form. And they are also Getting patented.

You want to see a dalton copy look at the EPI Adjustable mass positioning weights. they use the same "quick adjust setup" but they are different profile making them unique.

Before you blab off nonsense, do some research first. Dalton's not the only one with adjustable weights on the market. Heel clicker, stm supertips, D&D, EPI, Thunder. there's many more than I can think of off the top of my head.

John

WEB: WWW.VFORCEJOHN.COM
PHONE: 570-773-1240
EMAIL: [email protected]

DISCOUNT MUZZY EXHAUSTS click here https://www.kawieriders.com/forum/int...ml#post1328320

Last edited by VFORCEJOHN; 12-23-2010 at 07:57 AM.
post #13 of 44 Old 12-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Outstanding! I love seeing good 'ole ingenuity at work.

"For Obama so loved the poor, that he created millions more."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 44 Old 12-24-2010, 06:08 AM
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Can weight be added and subtracted on the fly or do you have remove the weights to adjust?

BANSHEECRAIG
post #15 of 44 Old 12-24-2010, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

No weights can be adjusted on the fly. You remove them and adjust and reinstall.

Weights that you can adjust when installed you can't adjust mid, tip, or heel individually . You can just stack weight on top of eachother so to add heel weight you first have to installed tip and mid screws first. By.that time you loaded the weight with full capacity and will under rev.

Mine you can add up to 6 grams heel, mid or tip in small increments. In any weight or configuration.

Its a real fully adjustable weight.

DISCOUNT MUZZY EXHAUSTS click here https://www.kawieriders.com/forum/int...ml#post1328320
post #16 of 44 Old 02-17-2011, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Got the profiles, got them cut, hardening process happening as we speak and working on hardware for the adjustments.

looks like next week they will be available.

I have no choice, my cost is going up slightly on my weights, but not very much. maybe . They are charging me way more than they originally stated to harden and the hardware cost of the special adjustment bolts for these costs me more than they do for the goddamn teryx and they are smaller. I will search another hardware supplier but at this time these work and fit.

48 gram adjustable to 57 gram with just 3 standard adjustment bolts, and you can stack up to 3- 1 gram washers under each bolt takes them to 66 gram.

the Teryx weights are 66 gram to 80 gram.

so I have all the weight aspects covered in these 2 adjustable weight setups.

I'll post up when they are ready.

No they aren't for sale just yet and I'm not taking ANY money. I have made 100 weights on this first run. 25 sets

John

post #17 of 44 Old 02-18-2011, 07:53 AM
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

These sound identical to the "Heelclicker weights" I have in my Sportsman. They are awesome in there. So much adjustability. Never have to buy weights again and know that with every mod you do, you can tune the clutch weights pretty easily. Nice job John!

05 KFX700 - Flight Graphics
------------------------------------------
VFJ Stage 3---Muzzy---12 Hole---K&N---Crossovers---Odi Grips---Tag x5 Bars---Honda Throttle---GT Thunder Tie Rods---CMP Rack---PRM Side Bars---Custom Seat---Pro Armor Bumper---Honda 450r front shocks---Fox Podium Rear shock---Spark Plug mod---CCP Stabalizer---Shorty Shifter---Full Kawi Skids---23" Bear Claws all around
post #18 of 44 Old 03-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

how much are these gonna be John?

04 kfx730- Fundy/amr powered
04 kfx764- " "
04 kfx? BK powered chain drive
08 kfx ? chain drive
04 z400
04 Prairie -BK 840
06 Sportmans 90
04 250ex
99 traxter
08 Teryx
post #19 of 44 Old 03-05-2011, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

These are done. however the bushings Inner diameter I have here are loose on the pin. I have new smaller ID bushings coming in prob Wednesday. Then they are ready to go.

The weights are going to be 225.00 They fit directly in any 2002-2012 with the standard weights (not wide pin weights I have spacers for them read below)

for the 08 Brute's and Race apps in a Teryx, up they come with the 4 wide pin area Billet spacers 249.00.

It's simple to tune them in as you can stack any correct sized washer up to 4 under the weight bolt and still have spider clearance. so there is infinate adjusability up to 65+ grams. and as low as 48 grams. as well as having tip mass, mid mass and base pin mass adjustability

They'll be ready next week by friday for sure.

John

Last edited by VFORCEJOHN; 03-23-2011 at 10:46 AM.
post #20 of 44 Old 03-16-2011, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Weights are finished. check the pic of what you get in the first post of this thread.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Sponsor Support > Interstate Motorsports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode