MSD Pn# 4244 Issues with Software & Windows 8 - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Interstate Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-04-2014, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Question MSD Pn# 4244 Issues with Software & Windows 8

I've been trying to get the MSD software to work on my new laptop that has windows 8 on it.

I've done the restart process to "disable driver signature enforcement" so I could load the drivers but still have had no luck.

That process can be found here
http://www.msdignition.com/uploadedF...indows%208.pdf

I continue to get this message on my screen... attached a pic..

Any ideas? I've sent MSD a couple e-mails last week but no reply.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error message.jpg (175.9 KB, 7 views)

08 840 DSC stg 1, TRP Cams, 28`OL2's/14'SS 212, 2`RDC Lift, Elka Stage 4's, ASR Pro X Tie Rods & Ends, Snorkeled, MSD Charge FI, Muzzy Super Pro`s, K&N Air Filter, VFJ Clutch Stage 3 Spidermod #3/#1 Springs, Highlifter DHT Axles, OMI Greasable Steering Stem, J&T Temp Gauge, 2012 Front Upper A-Arms, Full Ricochet Skids, Warn AT Winch 2500lbs, Heated Grips & Thumb, Eagle Eye HDI's, Kimpex Flexi Box + Pegs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-04-2014, 08:33 AM
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Ive had several problems with windows 8, thats why i use xp and 7.

2005 YFZ450SE
Brute Force 730SRA
post #3 of 8 Old 01-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

it won't work on windows 8. find an older laptop or tune it on a different older computer.

You want the best way to do it. Find a cheap 5 inch Chinese fake ipad that runs windows 7. they are about 150 bucks. You download 4244 off the MSD website (no c/d disk access so you can't use that)

plug it in. and there you go. it's also a cheap tachometer upgrade. plus you can monitor engine temps, air temps, watch the mapping, RPM, injector duty. it's a really neat option that will work with the MSD. touch screen so you can just touch the map, then touch the keyboard option. hit up or down. and adjust any cells you could want.

WEB: WWW.VFORCEJOHN.COM
PHONE: 570-773-1240
EMAIL: [email protected]

DISCOUNT MUZZY EXHAUSTS click here https://www.kawieriders.com/forum/int...ml#post1328320
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-04-2014, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFORCEJOHN View Post
it won't work on windows 8. find an older laptop or tune it on a different older computer.

You want the best way to do it. Find a cheap 5 inch Chinese fake ipad that runs windows 7. they are about 150 bucks. You download 4244 off the MSD website (no c/d disk access so you can't use that)

plug it in. and there you go. it's also a cheap tachometer upgrade. plus you can monitor engine temps, air temps, watch the mapping, RPM, injector duty. it's a really neat option that will work with the MSD. touch screen so you can just touch the map, then touch the keyboard option. hit up or down. and adjust any cells you could want.

That kinda sucks that it will not work with windows 8...

That fake i pad seems like a neat option...

I've got an older laptop kicking around so I'll probably use that for the time being

08 840 DSC stg 1, TRP Cams, 28`OL2's/14'SS 212, 2`RDC Lift, Elka Stage 4's, ASR Pro X Tie Rods & Ends, Snorkeled, MSD Charge FI, Muzzy Super Pro`s, K&N Air Filter, VFJ Clutch Stage 3 Spidermod #3/#1 Springs, Highlifter DHT Axles, OMI Greasable Steering Stem, J&T Temp Gauge, 2012 Front Upper A-Arms, Full Ricochet Skids, Warn AT Winch 2500lbs, Heated Grips & Thumb, Eagle Eye HDI's, Kimpex Flexi Box + Pegs
post #5 of 8 Old 09-02-2014, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Update the MSD Charge FI units now work with Windows 8 (8.1)

Check out this link for the steps you need to take to make it work..

http://www.msdignition.com/page.aspx?id=6545

post #6 of 8 Old 09-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Good find!!

I've been using a shitty laptop simply because of this issue. Now I can use my good one that will hold a battery charge fro more than 5 mins!!!

THANKS!!

Now if they would have software revision that used the old 4244 maps on the 4244v2 setups. I'd be even happier!!

WEB: WWW.VFORCEJOHN.COM
PHONE: 570-773-1240
EMAIL: [email protected]

DISCOUNT MUZZY EXHAUSTS click here https://www.kawieriders.com/forum/int...ml#post1328320
post #7 of 8 Old 09-04-2014, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Good find!!

I've been using a shitty laptop simply because of this issue. Now I can use my good one that will hold a battery charge fro more than 5 mins!!!

THANKS!!

Now if they would have software revision that used the old 4244 maps on the 4244v2 setups. I'd be even happier!!
No problem!!

Yeah I was in the same situation with no batt life and random shut offs with my old laptop! Never fun!!

Yes that would be a good add also! we can only wait!

post #8 of 8 Old 10-31-2017, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Good find!!

THANKS!!

Did they ever have a software revision that old 4244 maps can be used on the 4244v2 setups ?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Sponsor Support > Interstate Motorsports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode