Clutch Mods, Vforce, Prairie, Bruteforce, Teryx - Page 2 - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Interstate Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

is it expensive to have clutch work done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
is it expensive to have clutch work done?
[/b]
The prices are listed with the info at the begenning of the post.

Quote:
Here's a list of my Clutch services. Due to the Postal Increace on 5-12-08 I have no choice to slightly raise the price.

Stage 2 and 3 Clutches. $185.00
Utility Kebc Bearing Removal is $15.00 Extra

Price includes SAME DAY MACHINING, and 2 Day Return Shipping. I get the Clutch on Monday, You get the clutch back and can ride on Wednesday.

What is Done is Sheave Clearanced for the Overdrive. Stage 2 is 15% overdrive for lower 650 powered machines. Stage 3 is 20% more overdrive for 700 and UP powered machines.

Stage 2 is 87 Mph gearing. Stage 3 is 93 mph gearing.

Sheave angle is Changed to Ease the initial engagment Claping forces and to Increace Belt Grip by focusing the Belt Grip on the Mid-Upper portion of the belt. NO BELT BURNING OR GRINDING.

Faceplate is Modified, Clearanced, and Lightened to allow full Sheave Travel.

John
[/b]
Quote:
Stage 2 or Stage 3 Spidermod. $280.00 Kebc bearing removal is $15.00 extra

Stock Modded Plate

Dalton Modded Plate

Spidermod Clutches are Identified By the recessed Faceplate and the Exposed Fixed Sheave thru the front cover. They are available for Both Stage 2 sheaves and Stage 3 Sheaves.

What is a Spidermod?? What does it do?? What the Spidermod Does is Give the Clutch the ability to run Lighter weights and have them function as heavier weights. The Spidermod changes the Fulcrum point as to where the weight contacts the roller VS Sheave position. Meaning, the Sheave moves Less, moves faster, and gives more belt travel. Spidermod also DECREACES belt-sheave gap to Less than stock Specs.

This gives the Atv more Lowend and is a Dragrace Oriented, Sled Pulling, and Stock Class Gncc Modification. this Clutch is smoother and lighter than the normal Stock Spider clutch machining.

Fuel economy is Increaced by 15-20%

here you can see a Stage 3 VS a Stage 3 Spidermod Clutch Sheave for comparison

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIGHTENED SECONDARY. price is $175.00 same day service and 2 day return shipping.

this Modification removes 9 ounces of unused rotational mass from the secondary clutch. Recomended for Dragracers or Serious Trail Riders. NOT recomended for Ute's running larger than 26 inch tires.

Lighter rotating mass = Less power consumed from the drivetrain.

John
[/b]

My Marble White V: K&N filters w/Outerwear, AMR CDI, AMR Racing coils, Dalton OR/BL Spring, VFJ stage 2 Clutch , DPK 58g weights, Titanium Clutch cover bolts, Muzzy Exhaust - Jet-Hot Extreme Coated, PRM Desert Grab, Kawie Front Bumper, IMS Foot Pegs & Heel Guards, AC Nerf Bars, Maier CF Scoop Hood, Kawie Gripper Seat Cover, Royal Purple 15-W40 Motor Oil, ESR Temp Gauge, Crankcase Vent Mod, Fluidyne Radiator, Two Aluminum In-Line Coolers, LED Tail Light, Precision steering stabilizer, Maxxis Razr 2's on Black C-Series rims, 24" Extremes 9 Paddle & 21" Buffed Mohawks on Polished C-Series rims, 22" Innova Racers (rims undecided), ASR SS +2" Brake Lines, ASR +2" A-Arms & Tie Rods, All Ball's Racing Tie Rod End's, Durablue 2"+2" Eliminator Axle, G-Force +3.5" Extended Hubs, Houser Black +2" steering stem & Anti-vibe Fat Bar Mounts, Black Pro Taper Couture Fat Bars, Elka's Race Front & Rear, FPS800 BBK, Nikasil cylinders, Fully ported, Trail/Race cams, 36mm F4 carbs , UPP 36mm Intakes, Braided Fuel lines, Black & Silver IMS Powermadd Star Hand Guards, LC1 Digital Air/Fuel Gauge, Polished Shorty Shifter, Moose Billet Throttle, Ven's +4" Swing arm Ext., Everything powdercoated Black & White, Dyno Tuned @ 64.5 RWHP

Old 06-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

is it worth it by far yes!!!!!!!!
we have been very pleased with the results

9/08 too much nitrous

2012 sponsors
Twin Air
ODI
GoPro
Steel MX goggles
Leatt braces
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2008, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

just switch that secondary out and you should be able to edge out that renegade at the drags

You're not too bad for a bolt on Twinpeaks!!

John

WEB: WWW.VFORCEJOHN.COM
PHONE: 570-773-1240
EMAIL: [email protected]

DISCOUNT MUZZY EXHAUSTS click here https://www.kawieriders.com/forum/int...ml#post1328320
Old 06-05-2008, 08:07 PM

VFJ,

I am new to this whole modding thing. Usually just drive stock. What I am wanting to do to my quad, so whcih clutch setup would you recommend. I am only going to do the airbox 12 hole mod, K&N w/outwears, Pink Spring, 24" paddle tires, Flexx Bars and Rox Riser, and Exhaust. I ride sand, open fields, and sometimes trails.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
just switch that secondary out and you should be able to edge out that renegade at the drags

You're not too bad for a bolt on Twinpeaks!!

John
[/b]
Old 06-05-2008, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

well you don't want the pink spring running 24's. you want an Orange/Blue

Stage 3 clutch will give you that little extra you would be looking for. Dalton Or/Blue stock weights. that's it

John

DISCOUNT MUZZY EXHAUSTS click here https://www.kawieriders.com/forum/int...ml#post1328320
Old 06-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

yes i will switch out the spring on Saturday. Wanted to get back to work on the bikes tonight but got a phone call and sold my loader and trailer. now only a dump truck left to sell then find a steady job. lol

I might have to come up for another tune before july 7 races, Seriously thinks about spraying it for the races. Still trying to learn all the in and outs.

9/08 too much nitrous

2012 sponsors
Twin Air
ODI
GoPro
Steel MX goggles
Leatt braces
Old 06-06-2008, 07:25 AM

VFJ,

will the Dalton Or/Blue give me the torque I need for the 24"s? I thought that the pink would give me more torque to spin those 24's. also, not to be ignorant, but what does Utility Kebc Bearing Removal do?
Old 06-06-2008, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

KEBC is the KAWASAKI ENGINE BRAKE CONTROL. the Vforce DOES NOT have this. I remove the KEBC bearing from the UTE clutches and they become like the Vforce clutch.

you don't clutch for Torque. the Pink is too soft. that's a good choice for 20's on a Trail. but not 24's in the sand

in the sand you want to overrev a little to keep the paddles turning.

you might even want to try thre Comet black but then you'll have to weight the tips of the clutch weights with a 4mm bolt

John

Old 09-06-2008, 04:32 PM

John..

Do you have Dalton springs on hand? Just wondering if I send my clutch in if you would have an Orange/blue to stick in it...

2007 650 SRA
Dynatec CDI
750 flywheel/stator
Dalton O/B spring
12 hole Mod
X over intakes
carbs slides are polished
K&n filter
LRD pipe
And a few other KR tricks I picked up along the way
ITP type 7's
ITP holeshot ATR's for the grass
28 inch Mudzillas for DEEP mud
26 inch zillas for mud racing

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Sponsor Support > Interstate Motorsports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in