Scrap Spider needed - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-20-2019, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Scrap Spider needed

I have an 04 p700. Bushing/bearing on spider cracked. It looks like it can be replaced per part diagram but kawie does not supply parts. If you have one let me know!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190516_181426_1558336829045.jpg (3.14 MB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-20-2019, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Bump anyone?
post #3 of 5 Old 05-22-2019, 04:33 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

In theory, you COULD replace that roller with a used one. I'd advise against it because you'd just be putting a band-aid on the problem. You need to replace the spider with a new one. While you're in there you should also check the weight pins and bushings, button clearance, and the bushings on the faceplate and moveable sheave.

'05 Prairie 700
DynaTek CDI, Full Muzzy (VFJ), VFJ #1 primary and #1 secondary springs, NAPA hose mod, plug wire mod, '13 BF750 cams, 1" wheel spacers, Ricochet skids, 3000lb Viper Max winch

'09 Brute Force 750i
MSD FI (VFJ), Muzzy Pro (VFJ), VFJ #1 primary and #4 secondary springs, 1" wheel spacers, 3000lb Viper Max winch, Full HDPE skids

'15 Brute Force 750i (non-EPS)
Full HDPE skids, Viper Max 3500lb winch, 1" wheel spacers, VFJ #6 primary and Venom gray/yellow secondary springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-22-2019, 07:40 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

How many miles on the clutch? If it has a lot of miles, I would replace the whole thing.

I know on my snowmobile, they recommend replacing the whole clutch because the spider takes so much torque to get it off and on it is prone to increased rates of failure. If you get a used spider it may already be compromised.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-22-2019, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. Quad has 3k miles on it. I'm mainly using it as a farm quad. I don't need high speeds but about anything over 30mph produces the stuck finger weight. Then i have to pull the cover and knock it out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfinger View Post
How many miles on the clutch? If it has a lot of miles, I would replace the whole thing.

I know on my snowmobile, they recommend replacing the whole clutch because the spider takes so much torque to get it off and on it is prone to increased rates of failure. If you get a used spider it may already be compromised.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode