Best improvements for my Brute for $2000 - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 07-06-2019, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Best improvements for my Brute for $2000

Ok, i have a 97 BF750i, carbed, runs great, only really used in the desert and for hunting. has a Benz silencer muffler since i don't want it to be loud. 2010 Teryx heads, stock wheels, Big Horn tires. I want to dump about 2K into it. what would be a list of good upgrades for basic desert trail riding? shocks, wheels etc. it will wheelie on the street with no problem, does not have a dynatec or anything along those lines. give me a wish list so i can get ordering!! thanx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 07-06-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill50 View Post
Ok, i have a 97 BF750i, carbed, runs great, only really used in the desert and for hunting. has a Benz silencer muffler since i don't want it to be loud. 2010 Teryx heads, stock wheels, Big Horn tires. I want to dump about 2K into it. what would be a list of good upgrades for basic desert trail riding? shocks, wheels etc. it will wheelie on the street with no problem, does not have a dynatec or anything along those lines. give me a wish list so i can get ordering!! thanx!
You probably meant to say 2007 instead of '97 because they didn't make a BF in 97.
A Dynatek would be my first choice upgrade. Livens it up substantially, gets rid of the limp mode, the reverse limiter, and you'll never have to reset the belt reminder ever again.

Next, I'd ditch the stock wheels and the bighorns. Get a wheel that won't dent by looking at it, and get a tire that works better for sand and loose gravel.

If you ride fast, next would be suspension upgrade. But Elkas would zap your money pretty quick and not let you do much else. If you don't ride fast, forget it.

If you're like my family in Phoenix, they ride mostly at night down there because it's just too hot during the day. In that case, they all have gone crazy for LED lighting. They mount LED bars front, back, and even some on the sides of their rigs.
I absolutely love my LED bar. It's way brighter than my stock lamps, and it takes a tenth of the juice.

2005 Prairie 732cc Team Green Special Edition
Wiseco pistons
2015 BF750 camshafts
Warn winch/Amsteel Custom Splice synthetic winch rope
Maxxis VIPR tires/12" DWT Rattlesnake wheels
Twin Air filter/TPI air box vent valve
Powermadd Star series handguards/Symtec Heat Demon grips
Adjustable Progressive front springs
VFJ adjustable clutch weights
EPI pink primary/VFJ #1 secondary
QuadBoss 8" sound tube
8" Cree LED bar/LED Underglow kit
Custom RCM shift knob
DYNATEK CDI
post #3 of 18 Old 07-06-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstart View Post
Quote:
You probably meant to say 2007 instead of '97 because they didn't make a BF in 97.
A Dynatek would be my first choice upgrade. Livens it up substantially, gets rid of the limp mode, the reverse limiter, and you'll never have to reset the belt reminder ever again.

Next, I'd ditch the stock wheels and the bighorns. Get a wheel that won't dent by looking at it, and get a tire that works better for sand and loose gravel.

If you ride fast, next would be suspension upgrade. But Elkas would zap your money pretty quick and not let you do much else. If you don't ride fast, forget it.

If you're like my family in Phoenix, they ride mostly at night down there because it's just too hot during the day. In that case, they all have gone crazy for LED lighting. They mount LED bars front, back, and even some on the sides of their rigs.
I absolutely love my LED bar. It's way brighter than my stock lamps, and it takes a tenth of the juice.
Im thinking about buying a good led bar for the front post a few listings if you know any preferably not from amazon Thanks

17 Brute Force Camo Eps
Stage 3 Elkas
Vfj Stage 3 Clutch
Empire Duals
Vfj tuner and dyno tune
26' mudlite xtrs
Moose front and rear bumper
Full Hdpe skidplates
Kfi 3500s winch
Oem Teryx headlights
1.5 wheel spacers
Asr tie rods
Uni Filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 07-06-2019, 01:30 PM

My buddy owns a powersport supply store. I just told him I wanted a 6" bar that was not going to break in 6 months, and he got me a good one. From what I've been told, as of 2019, you have to spend at least $100 to get a 6" one that will be reliable and not let water in. (The 12"+ models will be more money of course).

Wiseco pistons
2015 BF750 camshafts
QuadBoss 8" sound tube
Custom RCM shift knob
DYNATEK CDI
post #5 of 18 Old 07-06-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
If you've never bent a wheel then replacing your current wheels and tires would be a waste of money unless you're doing it for looks.

I don't have an issue with the way mine rides so I've never be interested in spending big money for new shocks. I'm not an aggressive rider.

The new programmer sounds like a good idea and so does a nice LED light.

Make sure you carry stuff like a battery jumper, tire pump, lots of tire plugs, a good first aid kit, tourniquet and I'm sure you have a good idea what to carry in case a grizzly bears attacks you. I'd imagine you already have a winch and extra recovery straps. Sometimes out in the desert there aren't many trees to tie to.

2014 750i EPS
9402 miles
811.4 hours
average speed to date: 11.59 mph
average speed last ride: 12.71 mph

Tow Mater approved rear view mirror
post #6 of 18 Old 07-07-2019, 04:30 AM
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Garage
You're not looking at engine mods, as you use a silencer muffler.
If you ride aggressively, then you want shocks. A set of four Elka Stage 3 shocks is on sale right now for $1300. The ride and handling difference will "shock" you.
https://us.elkasuspension.com/produc...-2005-to-2019/

2002 698 Prairie
VFJ 11.5:1 coated pistons
FST Stage II Cams
Fundy Performance Porting, 1mm milled off heads
Kibblewhite valves
Crossover intakes
Modded airbox
Full Muzzy
Custom machined stock weights
VFJ Springs
DynaTek CDI
Other weird stuff

2011 Stratos 186XT Bass Boat
Mercury Optimax 115hp
Minn Kota 70lb 24v trolling motor
Lowrance HDS 10 Electronics

Last edited by NovaKaw650; 07-07-2019 at 04:34 AM.
post #7 of 18 Old 07-07-2019, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

thanx, yeah i had a slip of the keyboard when putting in the year, it is actually a 2008! DUH! I don't ride aggressively and almost all hard and soft sand and desert scrub. i have only one dent in one wheel and it pounded out nice. suspension is good so that money can be rerouted. i have some Bear Claws that have not been mounted. i don't ride at night, although i live in the middle of a crap ton of field roads that can take you all the way to Mex if you wanted to, but i'm usually too pooped out to ride at night during the summer and it did cool off last night at midnight to a very cool 100 degrees.

the dyna sounds like a great upgrade. i have one on my Harley and it really perked it up. pimping out with LED would not do me any good and this is like Razr capital of the world and they all have some color of LED on them. have winch and everything i could ever use if stuck in desert to include battery starter mini pack, jerk lines, 4 sets of gun snubbies, bags for ammo, MRE's, water, first aid etc.

i would prolly have to have the dyno put in by my mechanic, maybe before i get the valves adjusted for hunting season in October that would be a good upgrade. any suggestion on brand that is plug and play? thanx you all

it would be nice to find a new set of plastics for it but i can never find any leads on any....
post #8 of 18 Old 07-07-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
thanx, yeah i had a slip of the keyboard when putting in the year, it is actually a 2008! DUH! I don't ride aggressively and almost all hard and soft sand and desert scrub. i have only one dent in one wheel and it pounded out nice. suspension is good so that money can be rerouted. i have some Bear Claws that have not been mounted. i don't ride at night, although i live in the middle of a crap ton of field roads that can take you all the way to Mex if you wanted to, but i'm usually too pooped out to ride at night during the summer and it did cool off last night at midnight to a very cool 100 degrees.

the dyna sounds like a great upgrade. i have one on my Harley and it really perked it up. pimping out with LED would not do me any good and this is like Razr capital of the world and they all have some color of LED on them. have winch and everything i could ever use if stuck in desert to include battery starter mini pack, jerk lines, 4 sets of gun snubbies, bags for ammo, MRE's, water, first aid etc.

i would prolly have to have the dyno put in by my mechanic, maybe before i get the valves adjusted for hunting season in October that would be a good upgrade. any suggestion on brand that is plug and play? thanx you all

it would be nice to find a new set of plastics for it but i can never find any leads on any....
Sounds like all you really need is more gas.

2014 750i EPS
9402 miles
811.4 hours
average speed to date: 11.59 mph
average speed last ride: 12.71 mph

Tow Mater approved rear view mirror
post #9 of 18 Old 07-07-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:

Dynatek CDI. Installs in 30 seconds. No tools necessary.
New plastics for your ride aren't terribly expensive at RMATV.

Do you ride from home, or do you transport to the trails?

Wiseco pistons
2015 BF750 camshafts
QuadBoss 8" sound tube
Custom RCM shift knob
DYNATEK CDI
post #10 of 18 Old 07-07-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaKaw650 View Post
You're not looking at engine mods, as you use a silencer muffler.
If you ride aggressively, then you want shocks. A set of four Elka Stage 3 shocks is on sale right now for $1300. The ride and handling difference will "shock" you.
https://us.elkasuspension.com/produc...-2005-to-2019/
ON SALE I bought mine 2 years ago for the same price I think that sale is never ending haha but yes the elkas are definitely the first thing you want to do.

17 Brute Force Camo Eps
Stage 3 Elkas
Vfj Stage 3 Clutch
Empire Duals
Vfj tuner and dyno tune
26' mudlite xtrs
Moose front and rear bumper
Full Hdpe skidplates
Kfi 3500s winch
Oem Teryx headlights
1.5 wheel spacers
Asr tie rods
Uni Filter

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode