Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Mule Pro FXT Insurance

14K views 28 replies 26 participants last post by  68rustbucket 
#1 ·
Hi Y'all,

Wanted to test the waters and see if y'all were insuring these mules, and if so, what the going rate was for y'all.

I tried my local farm bureau since the tractors are already under them, but they seemed to have difficulty categorizing the mule, and came back with a rate that was like $800 a year or something ludicrous like that.

Guess they thought it was a dune buggy or something.

What are y'all seeing out there for going rates and through what insurer?

Thanks

#2 ·
Im interested as well. Hate to hear that FB didn't have a better policy/price. I have tractor w them, its like $60 a year. Hoping mule would be similar. I had trouble getting a policy for my tractor until I called FB. All the others, including my ins co that has all my other stuff wanted to treat it like a car policy, it was $600- $800 a year! Hopefully we can find something reasonable. I may try my FB to just see if they tell me the same thing as yours.

#3 ·
Indiana Farm Bureau, $299.00 a year.
Classified as a 'All Terrain' vehicle. Class = ALTRZZ on policy.
I have bodily injury liability $100K each person - $300k each accident,
Property damage liability $100K each accident,
Medical Payments $5,000 each person,
Other than collision -- Actual Cash value - $500 deductible,
Collision Actual Cash Value - $500 deductible

I have house and 5 cars on policy so not sure rate wise if you can get the same or not

#4 ·
Ya'll are paying WAY too much. Progressive

-liability 25/50 bodily injury 15 property damage
Comprehensive and collision with $250 deductible (disappearing)
Carried contents $1000
Accessories $3000

$189 per year

I'm covering my Mule, a Suzuki King Quad 750 and $3800 Trailer replacement for $367 per year

#9 · (Edited)
I am with Progressive as well but because my wife doesn't have a motorcycle endorsement mine is $342 a year. Not sure why she needs a motorcycle endorsement on a UTV that is operated off highway but they require it
Looks like you are in Cali - watch out if you cancel your policy outside of the renewal period. They'll hit you up for $50 just because Cali allows it.

Mine is covered under homeowners policy for replacement cost. Just my family drives it -

#6 ·
Well just got back from farm bureau. They want $395 a year. That's more than twice what they insure my significantly more expensive tractor for. I asked why it's so much more and they couldn't figure it out either. That's also only insurance based on me using it at the farm, which is fine, but I'm worried about the one time I decide to take it hunting somewhere else.

Going to call geico tomorrow and see what they can do for me in terms of overall coverage. I already have several vehicles and motorcycles insured with them, so hopefully they are competitive.

Will let y'all know.

#8 · (Edited)
I never really thought about insurance until I saw this post. I primarily bought my Mule to cruise around my property. I have about 15 acres in north Georgia. Recently the city I live in has started building "golf cart" paths so now I drive my Mule to the grocery store, restaurants and stuff. After seeing this post I got to thinking, what if I hit a kid that runs out in front on me or I crash into a golf cart, the Mule would cream a golf cart, lol. I called my insurance people, USAA and explained the situation. Basically, I added the Mule to my auto policy, so I have the same coverage on my Mule as my cars. Added $330 a year to my exsisting policy but I think I have my butt covered now. Thanks for the post Speciulboy.

#10 ·
...I called my insurance people, USAA and explained the situation. Basically, I added the Mule to my auto policy, so I have the same coverage on my Mule as my cars.

Is it through USAA directly, or did they sub it out to Progressive? That is what they did with my boat and my Mule. Insurance companies can be funny, USAA has been calling my horse trailer a travel trailer for 15 years. I am considering adding my 4 wheeler as well as it lives at the farm which is 2 hours away. I haven't had insurance on my tractors in a long time, didn't realize it was so cheep. I might need to call Farm Bureau and add those.

#12 ·
I have Foremost for my Mule - $1,017/yr. I know it's high but I really wanted the uninsured coverage

Liability
  • Bodily Injury / $100,000 each person / $300,000 each accident
  • Passenger Bodily Injury / $100,000 each person / $300,000 each accident
  • Property Damage / $100,000 each accident

Uninsured
  • Bodily Injury / $100,000 each person / $300,000 each accident
  • Property Damage / $25,000 each accident

Accessories
  • Optional Equipment / $5,000

Deductible
  • Collision / $250
  • Other / $250

I'm sure there's cheaper companies out there but Foremost did very well when I sucked up sand in one of my waverunners - $7,500 in damage. They worked directly with the repair shop, covered all but the deductible, and I had it back in 5 days. My rates didn't even change after that.

#17 ·
The coverage you are looking at looks to be the basic coverage package Progressive offers. The reason that it's cheap is that it doesn't look to offer any physical damage coverage to the machine. It looks like this coverage only offers coverage for the following items with the least coverage amounts.

Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability
Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury
Uninsured Motorist Property Damage

If you want machine damage coverage then the price increases. If you take a motorcycle safety course, this will give you a discount with some insurance companies.

I'm leaning on going with progressive as it's the cheapest I've found so far.

#20 · (Edited)
Limits .............................................................................................................................................................................
$250,000 each person/$500,000 each accident $100,000 each accident
Liability To Others
Bodily Injury Liability
Property Damage Liability .............................................................................................................................................................................
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury $30,000 each person/$60,000 each accident 10 .............................................................................................................................................................................
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Property Damage $25,000 each accident $250 13 .............................................................................................................................................................................
Medical Payments $5,000 each person 50 .............................................................................................................................................................................
Comprehensive Total Loss $500 56
Includes Disappearing Deductible .............................................................................................................................................................................
Collision Total Loss $500 250
Includes Disappearing Deductible .............................................................................................................................................................................
Accessory Coverage $3,000 included .............................................................................................................................................................................
Roadside Assistance 10 .............................................................................................................................................................................
Total premium for 2016 KAWASAKI $435
.............................................................................................................................................................................
Subtotal policy premium $435
.............................................................................................................................................................................
Automobile Burglary/Theft Prevention Authority Fee 2 .............................................................................................................................................................................
Total 12 month policy premium, with paid in full discount and fees $437 Premium discounts

My progressive policy that includes theft. Is this high ??????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.