Constant ON - Front/Rear Power Outlets and Accessory Terminals - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Kawasaki Mule Discussions for the Kawasaki Mule UTV (Kawasaki Mule Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-18-2018, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Garage
Constant ON - Front/Rear Power Outlets and Accessory Terminals

This past weekend, I was asked, "How could they have their Front/Rear Power Outlets and Accessory Terminals wired so there would always be power there even with the ignition OFF so they could power accessories (i.e. Phone Charger)." Here is one option:

One way to make the Front and Rear Power Outlets and Accessory Terminals HOT all the time wouldbe:

1) Disconnect the ground lead from your battery.

2) Pull the Accessory Relay from its socket. It will nolonger be used. This relay is located behind the Front Control Box and I don't know the level of difficulty to access it?

3) Make a short jumper wire capable of handling 30 ampsputting a male spade connector on both ends. *See the below note/option.

4) Put one end of the jumper in the relay socket wherethe Red/Blue wire is attached.

5) Put the other end of the jumper in the relay socketwhere the Orange wire is attached.

6) When you reattach the ground on the battery, your Front/Rear Power Outlets and the Accessory Terminals will always be HOT but stillprotected by their respective 15A Fuses (3 & 4) in Fuse Box 1.

*Option: If you want to be able to turn the Outlets andTerminals ON/OFF, wire in a 30A Switch in the jumper circuit, between the spadeconnectors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Constant On Accessory Outlets and Terminals.jpg (677.3 KB, 49 views)

Rick
Lacey's Spring, AL
2018 Mule Pro-FXT Camo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-18-2018, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMJR View Post
This past weekend, I was asked, "How could they have their Front/Rear Power Outlets and Accessory Terminals wired so there would always be power there even with the ignition OFF so they could power accessories (i.e. Phone Charger)." Here is one option:

One way to make the Front and Rear Power Outlets and Accessory Terminals HOT all the time wouldbe:

1) Disconnect the ground lead from your battery.

2) Pull the Accessory Relay from its socket. It will nolonger be used. This relay is located behind the Front Control Box and I don't know the level of difficulty to access it?

3) Make a short jumper wire capable of handling 30 ampsputting a male spade connector on both ends. *See the below note/option.

4) Put one end of the jumper in the relay socket wherethe Red/Blue wire is attached.

5) Put the other end of the jumper in the relay socketwhere the Orange wire is attached.

6) When you reattach the ground on the battery, your Front/Rear Power Outlets and the Accessory Terminals will always be HOT but stillprotected by their respective 15A Fuses (3 & 4) in Fuse Box 1.

*Option: If you want to be able to turn the Outlets andTerminals ON/OFF, wire in a 30A Switch in the jumper circuit, between the spade connectors.

Here's another option leaving the Accessory Relay in its place. See the attachment where you'd wire in a Switch before the Accessory Relay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Constant On Accessory Outlets and Terminals Option 2.jpg (655.4 KB, 68 views)

Rick
Lacey's Spring, AL
2018 Mule Pro-FXT Camo
post #3 of 8 Old 02-15-2018, 12:24 PM

I have a 2015 PRO FXT and the front power outlets have never worked. Where would I start to find the issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-16-2018, 04:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mparker62875 View Post
I have a 2015 PRO FXT and the front power outlets have never worked. Where would I start to find the issue?
Good morning!

See the attached diagram where I have reduced it down to just that circuit. The Front Power Outlets are fed by Fuse #3 from Fuse Box 1. Check the fuse and let me know if we need look into this deeper?

Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: png Front Power Outlets.png (904.8 KB, 41 views)

Rick
Lacey's Spring, AL
2018 Mule Pro-FXT Camo
post #5 of 8 Old 11-23-2018, 03:51 PM

Thanks RJMJR! I just did this modification tonight. I appreciate you sharing your electrical knowledge on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 8 Old 07-10-2019, 02:43 PM

The easiest way to reach the relay is by removing the switch/instrument panel.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-11-2019, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Garrett View Post
The easiest way to reach the relay is by removing the switch/instrument panel.
Are you referring to accessing it from under the hood by removing the two screws that hold the Electrical Control Box in place then tilting it forward to gain access to the back side of it? That is the easiest way to access that relay as well as the backside of all of the dash switches.

Thanks,

Rick

Rick
Lacey's Spring, AL
2018 Mule Pro-FXT Camo
post #8 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 07:09 AM

For this one relay it was easier to remove the 5 clips on the dash panel. It solved 2 purposed. To drill hole for on/off switch. Had to have one on mine due to dealer installed winch switch would stay hot all the time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Mule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode