Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lacey's Spring, AL
Constant ON - Front/Rear Power Outlets and Accessory Terminals
This past weekend, I was asked, "How could they have their Front/Rear Power Outlets and Accessory Terminals wired so there would always be power there even with the ignition OFF so they could power accessories (i.e. Phone Charger)." Here is one option:
One way to make the Front and Rear Power Outlets and Accessory Terminals HOT all the time wouldbe:
1) Disconnect the ground lead from your battery.
2) Pull the Accessory Relay from its socket. It will nolonger be used. This relay is located behind the Front Control Box and I don't know the level of difficulty to access it?
3) Make a short jumper wire capable of handling 30 ampsputting a male spade connector on both ends. *See the below note/option.
4) Put one end of the jumper in the relay socket wherethe Red/Blue wire is attached.
5) Put the other end of the jumper in the relay socketwhere the Orange wire is attached.
6) When you reattach the ground on the battery, your Front/Rear Power Outlets and the Accessory Terminals will always be HOT but stillprotected by their respective 15A Fuses (3 & 4) in Fuse Box 1.
*Option: If you want to be able to turn the Outlets andTerminals ON/OFF, wire in a 30A Switch in the jumper circuit, between the spadeconnectors.
Lacey's Spring, AL
2018 Mule Pro-FXT Camo