Side curtains for the FX PRO EPS LE - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Kawasaki Mule Discussions for the Kawasaki Mule UTV (Kawasaki Mule Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 07-13-2018, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Side curtains for the FX PRO EPS LE

Hi All, New to the Forum but not new to Mules.
I am upgrading from Mule 610 to a FX PRO EPS LE. (2016 new old stock).
Added the full windshield, winch and plow. I really want to add the soft doors as shown in the attached picture, direct from Kawasaki accessory website.
Has anyone seen these doors installed on a PRO FX with the hard top?
The notes in the item description says they only work with the full windshield and the full soft enclosure.
The dealer agrees with me and believes they will work fine but isn't willing to commit. (take them back if there is a problem we can't see)

Any words of wisdom would be great.

Many thanks,

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th[3].jpg (9.7 KB, 44 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 07-13-2018, 02:10 PM

I have only seen them installed with soft rope. I bought fxt with fortress hard top and quadboss flip down windshield and I am afraid that is wonít work with my windshield. Iím not too worried about the top but the windshield is my issue. Good luck. They should show you all the options before they start selling you anything

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 14 Old 07-14-2018, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

I ordered the Kawasaki windshield so that should be ok. I expect their issue is with the hard top.

I am also interested in the Forum's wisdom on the Kawasaki extended warentee. As I expect you know the machine comes with a 3 year warentee. The extended adds an additional 3 years for about 300 per year, but it is all up front.
Again, many thanks to all.

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 07-15-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkilli View Post
I ordered the Kawasaki windshield so that should be ok. I expect their issue is with the hard top.

I am also interested in the Forum's wisdom on the Kawasaki extended warentee. As I expect you know the machine comes with a 3 year warentee. The extended adds an additional 3 years for about 300 per year, but it is all up front.
Again, many thanks to all.

Bob

My buddy has ext warranty and had to use it & it paid off oerfectly

post #5 of 14 Old 07-17-2018, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Reply to side curtins

Well I downloaded the install instructions for the doors and it is clear that the doors do not need the complete soft top to work on the FX PRO EPS LE.
The windshield does make a difference because of hinge mounting and the mounting of the windshield support brackets. I am rolling the dice and ordered the door along with the other options for my new Mule.
I will keep everyone posted on the outcome including pictures.

Thanks for the reply on the extended warrantee question. I don't need to make that decision until the day I take position of the new ride.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ii_KAF080068.pdf (571.1 KB, 22 views)
post #6 of 14 Old 07-20-2018, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Update on side curtins

Well the saga continues.
I appears the options I ordered are back ordered and not expected to be in until mid Sept. I decided to leave the machine with the dealer until all the options are in and installed. he was ok with that but it seems there is a factory rebate the runs out at the end of this month. Soooo I have to go in and pay, "take delivery" before the end of the month or lose the rebate. I searched long and hard to find this machine so this dealer is a solid 2.5 hour drive to get to. I don't own a trailer big enough so I will have to rent one.. The end result of this situation is I will have to drive out to the dealer to pay and do paper work, and still leave the machine there. Then in Sept when everything comes in and gets installed I will rent the trailer and make the last trip to pick it up.

So for this thread there is likely going to be a long wait for the update that describes the results on the doors (side curtains).

Thanks to all for the input. I will continue to monitor this thread for any additional comments.

By the way, the dealer has been great through out this deal. I will be happy to pass along the name to anyone that asks. Dealer location is PA.

Bob
post #7 of 14 Old 07-26-2018, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Quick update.... I paid, did the paper work and left the unit at the dealer until the accessories com in and get installed. (according to plan) The dealer had a nice surprise for me... He gave me about 150.00 of official Kawasaki close and hat. Really nice gesture. it is really a shame he is so far away..

I found another post where the soft top/back were installed with the hard top. The guy said it worked out great and they only had to make a few small holes in the soft top to reattach the hard top. interesting.. as I have some time to think this through we will see.....

Keep the tires on the bottom...;~)

Bob
post #8 of 14 Old 08-17-2018, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

OK.... All the parts are in and I took delivery of my new / old stock 2016 Mule Pro EPS LE yesterday! Yaaaa. The unit is all put perfect. The dealer installed a brand new battery. ( nice touch) The winch, Plow Windshield and "Side curtains" all fit and function perfectly. A primary reason for this post is to inform the world the soft side curtains do not require the full soft enclosure. They function just fine with out it. Keep in mind they do not form a perfect seal and I fully expect they will leak a bit and will be drafty. I never expected the doors to close like a new car. You will be able to sit out in a rain storm and stay reasonably dry. They will keep most of the blowing snow off you and for sure break the wind.
The unit rides better than my 2016 $60k Ford truck over the dirt roads.

Another piece of useful information. If you expect to rent a 6 X 12 utility trailer from UHaul for transporting you new or old Mule Pro don't! The opening in the rear where you would expect to drive your machine up the ramp and onto the trailer is too small!!!!
This info is not published on any of the UHaul specs that I could find. I was lucky and noticed it just as the tech was dropping the trailer on my hitch. I had to regroup and ended up renting a car hauler trailer for the 2.5 hour drive back from the dealer.
Also the car hauler trailer was more than twice the coast of the utility trailer.

The dealer is Sport & Turf in Pottstown PS. Worth the trip for sure. Sales person Chris. Really a very nice and knowledgeable guy.

Now I need to concentrate on logging some serious hours on the beast!

Keep the tires on the bottom,

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180816_112921.jpg (3.69 MB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20180816_112451.jpg (4.07 MB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 20180816_112440.jpg (4.13 MB, 32 views)
post #9 of 14 Old 08-17-2018, 01:57 PM

Garage
You can buy the extended warranty up till the 3 year expires, so you can wait a couple of years if you decide to. By the way, send me a pm as to what your base price was. I was shopping all over for a 2016, 2017 and ended up getting my 2018 for $200.00 less then my lowest quote for those years. Started calling all the dealers for 100 miles around and asked for the best out the door price w/no AG exception, and told them if the price was right, I would be there the next day w/cash. I hear what you are saying about a trailer, went to pick mine up w/my 5x12 tandem trailer and it would not fit. (lacked 4" in width) Came home, (60 miles) called a friend, sold it, and bought a new trailer the next morning and proceeded back to pick up the Mule.

Last edited by Easttxhoghunter; 08-17-2018 at 02:09 PM.
post #10 of 14 Old 08-31-2018, 08:01 AM

Bob, Iíve got a pro fxt with a quad boss flip down windshield. Could you send me sone better pictures of you soft doors and where they attach please? Did you get thru dealer or aftermarket. Dealer told me I had to buy complete enclosure & we had dealer install fortress steel top on buggy when we bought it. I too would like to have the doors .

Last edited by pighitt; 09-02-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Mule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode