Questions about Dobeck Performance tuners - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Kawasaki Mule Discussions for the Kawasaki Mule UTV (Kawasaki Mule Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-21-2019, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Questions about Dobeck Performance tuners

I was wondering how people who are running these on their Pro FXT'S are liking them. Is there enough gain in performance to justify the cost and does it turn off the rev limiter?

Kawasaki Mule Pro-FXT - Dobeck Performance Products: EFI Controllers, AFR Gauge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-21-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer_74 View Post
I was wondering how people who are running these on their Pro FXT'S are liking them. Is there enough gain in performance to justify the cost and does it turn off the rev limiter?

Kawasaki Mule Pro-FXT - Dobeck Performance Products: EFI Controllers, AFR Gauge

Not to highjack but will this fit an FXR???
post #3 of 13 Old 04-22-2019, 07:07 AM

Thanks for starting this thread. I also am interested in this.

I've installed the EPI performance clutch springs, and they definitely helped with quicker acceleration and pedal response. So I'm curious about this product next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 04-22-2019, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

I have PM'd cguyotm to ask him to chime in on this since he has one.

post #5 of 13 Old 04-28-2019, 11:05 AM

Garage
I sent a long response already but do not see it yet posted. Yes, it was worth it for me. More pep in all ranges. My first post I spoke about the challenges I had in my green/cruise fuel setting. Well with you all starting this thread got me motivated to tackle that area this morning. So I set the tuner back to the base settings listed on inter web and started over. I just had a flat spot or bog as the site states that I had issues with getting rid of in the green/cruise fuel band. Well itís gone now. My green/cruise fuel setting is now at 4.5 and no flat spot. our setting may be completely different as I am at just under 7000í elevation. Iím glad I revisited the green/cruise fuel cause it now feels great. The lesson learned is you can always go back to base setting and try another set up. I would also decide what particular setting is most important for you, cruise, acceleration, or full throttle and work on that setting too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
post #6 of 13 Old 04-28-2019, 11:18 AM

Garage
Hey guys, ok had the Doebeck tuner for about six months now. Simple install, unplug injectors, plug tuner connections to injectors then factory wiring into tuner connections. Run power to battery, run ground to solid spot. I have the power bed lift so located tuner board on right side under the bed clamp, with 3M adhesive. They have a video on website that discusses how to adjust. I have now faster acceleration, and top end speed. I will say that I have had some challenges getting my cruise/green fuel at my ideal setting. Easy to tweak though. You can also adjust how soon or late each zone is engaged. Hope this answers some questions, as well as raises some new ones that we can discuss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
post #7 of 13 Old 04-28-2019, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info cguyotm. It sounds like it definitely makes a noticeable difference.

Does it remove the rev limiter that limits the top speed to +\- 47 mph?

post #8 of 13 Old 04-28-2019, 01:34 PM

Garage
No, it does not remove rev limiter, and Iím glad. I look at rev limiter as a protector of my motor. Donít lose sight of what kind of purpose built vehicle it is. Itís a UTV, they made a bit more sportier, buts no Polaris or can-am race rocket. Itís made to move heavier loads with six people. Here in the Sierra Nevada mountains, our average speeds over rock strewn trails here is between 3-20 mph normally. I keep with those I ride with no problem. I did add lift and 28Ē tires with the heavy duty springs. Full 1/2 thick plastic high molecular weight skid plate, power dump bed, AM/FM, satellite radio, and UHF radio for comms. And if course heat with a full soft cab for the colder months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #9 of 13 Old 04-28-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cguyotm View Post
No, it does not remove rev limiter, and I’m glad. I look at rev limiter as a protector of my motor. Don’t lose sight of what kind of purpose built vehicle it is. It’s a UTV, they made a bit more sportier, buts no Polaris or can-am race rocket. It’s made to move heavier loads with six people. Here in the Sierra Nevada mountains, our average speeds over rock strewn trails here is between 3-20 mph normally. I keep with those I ride with no problem. I did add lift and 28” tires with the heavy duty springs. Full 1/2 thick plastic high molecular weight skid plate, power dump bed, AM/FM, satellite radio, and UHF radio for comms. And if course heat with a full soft cab for the colder months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What lift are you running?
post #10 of 13 Old 04-28-2019, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

I understand your thoughts on the rev limiter and there being very little need to exceed the preset speed limit on the trails but I use mine on the farm and it would be nice at times to have the extra speed when running between farms on the road. I don't think the Cherry motor would have any trouble handling it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Mule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode