Mule Pro EPI clutch kit - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Kawasaki Mule Discussions for the Kawasaki Mule UTV (Kawasaki Mule Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-26-2019, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Mule Pro EPI clutch kit

Who has one installed? What does it change over stock? Any downsides to it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-26-2019, 06:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonTypicalCPA View Post
Who has one installed? What does it change over stock? Any downsides to it?
Do you ever search before posting? This topic is like 3 below your post?
post #3 of 13 Old 04-26-2019, 06:41 AM

https://www.kawieriders.com/forum/ka...lutch-kit.html

Changes out OEM clutch springs to stiffer clutch springs. Makes take-offs quicker for 26-27" tires, maybe 1-2 mph higher top speed (I was up to 46mph). Specific springs to use depending on tire size. I've read somewhere that if running 28+ inch tires, it brings the mule back to factory quickness for low and mid range. It may improve it beyond, but I have no experience with that.

I really like the results. Mule is definitely quicker on low and mid-range. I haven't yet tested if engine braking has improved, but I read that it supposedly does.

Perhaps read the reviews for other's opinions.
https://epiperformance.com/economy-clutch-kit-we437501/

Last edited by defenestrator; 04-26-2019 at 06:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 04-26-2019, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Defenestrator. Does it make low speed clutch engagement harsh? I love the engagement of my mule over my past Polaris Ranger. Any downsides for you so far?
post #5 of 13 Old 04-26-2019, 08:27 AM

Not harsh at all. The pedal isn't touchy, it just gets from 0-15 much quicker, 0-30 as well. Still easy to maintain lower speeds. I actually like the pedal better. It actually responds when you want it to, rather than that stock, mushy, momentary pause before it gets moving. My kids had the hardest time with the pedal when we first bought it new. It's much better pedal with the EPI springs. It almost felt like an electric vehicle take-off when using the stock springs.

No downsides that I can tell, but if you really want to tear up the ground, you can now, especially in accelerated turns.
post #6 of 13 Old 04-27-2019, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Defenestrator. Sounds like I need to swap springs. Do you have any other mods you like?
post #7 of 13 Old 04-29-2019, 07:26 AM

Keep your expectations reasonable. The EPI springs aren't going to turn the Mule into a super quick machine. It will just make it more responsive and quicker than stock, especially on trails with a lot of tighter turns that require the vehicle to slow down, and then have to get back up to speed. Worth it to me for the small price.

The only mods I've done are:
-SuperWinch
-Aluminum skid plate (a must if doing rough trail riding. I've high centered/scraped so many times I obviously needed a lift.)
-Highlifter (see above)
-CV Joint/A-arm guard sets. From ebay, but I actually like Kawasaki's better, more coverage, but 50% more expensive.
-Wheel spacers after lift
-Aluminum roof. DIY. So much cheaper than buying them after market, but those are nice.
-Under seat storage mods. Both the raised center bin and a drop-in garbage can that rests on the side skids.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
-NOAM Bluetooth and speakers
-EPI Springs
-Dynamat and hoodliner under the lift-bed. Cuts down the engine noise/echo and bed vibrations. Can have a normal conversation with passengers at speeds without having to yell.
-fabric seat covers. Good for summer heat.
-Hood Scoop. Worked fantastic this weekend with mid-90's. No heat in the cab at all after running all day
-Swap out 12-volt cig lighter receptacle for USB charger w/voltmeter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
-UNI Air Filter

Mods still need to do:
-Hinged seat mod. How in the world Kawasaki doesn't have a hinge on the front seat is baffling to me.
-new tires, perhaps ITP Blackwater or Tusk Terabite, maybe wheels, but they aren't needed yet.
-rear bumper
-maybe swap out non-LED OEM lights

Last edited by defenestrator; 04-29-2019 at 07:28 AM.
post #8 of 13 Old 05-01-2019, 05:19 PM

we are on 27" tires, should we use the white spring or pink spring? Never get above 30 mph around the place
post #9 of 13 Old 05-10-2019, 06:36 AM

(Since I posted this in a different thread)
I'm still running 26" tires. I won't go above 27". I used Yellow for Primary clutch, and Pink for Secondary. I believe if you are running 28"+, there is another color (perhaps white?) that you run. I don't quite remember now. I talked with EPI and they told me which to use for my tire size.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-15-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by defenestrator View Post
(Since I posted this in a different thread)
I'm still running 26" tires. I won't go above 27". I used Yellow for Primary clutch, and Pink for Secondary. I believe if you are running 28"+, there is another color (perhaps white?) that you run. I don't quite remember now. I talked with EPI and they told me which to use for my tire size.

the spring for 28" + tires is the PINK spring. It was too revvy for stock, so use the WHITE spring for up to 27" tires

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Mule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode