Customized Mule - Experience with Texas-Outdoors - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Kawasaki Mule Discussions for the Kawasaki Mule UTV (Kawasaki Mule Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-02-2019, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Customized Mule - Experience with Texas-Outdoors

In full disclosure, I wasn't asked to write this... I know there's a lot of bad press out there for Nick and Texas-Outdoors so figured it'd be interesting to write up a different experience I had. He could still be a terrible person - I have no idea - but he claims he's different now so I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if I could save some money.

So... I wanted my Mule to look like it drove off the lot of UV Country Powersports but didn't live anywhere near Alvin Texas so I piece milled all the parts together. I called Mainland Cycle & Marine to ask where they were getting their roofs (watched a lot of their YouTube videos) and they recommended Ranch Armor from Texas-Outdoors. So I called Nick and he offered to sell me the the roof, windshield and front and rear bumpers together which saved me a ton on shipping direct from each vendor. Truth be told.... I didn't know anything about Nick or Texas-Outdoors until I was getting ready to place my order, then I read all the negative shit online about him and freaked out. I contacted him and asked if all the stuff online was true and he admitted being young and stupid when he first started and was working to change his reputation so he offered to send me everything for free in a single shipment and only pay if I was satisfied. I rolled the dice. I'm satisfied with the results.

I ordered the ITP wheels & tires, 2" lift and Kawasaki CV guards from my dealer - AllSport Powersports in Decatur AL. 8 hours of labor, ouch! They did a good job though and let me ship everything directly to them. They were getting slammed with watercraft so I'm sure this was the last type of project they were wanting to deal with before summer started.

• Ranch Armor roof from Texas Outdoors
  • Fortress tip-out glass windshield
  • Tough Country front and rear bumpers
  • Kawasaki front and rear CV guards
  • Auxbeam 50" double row LED light bar, 4" rear lights
  • ITP 28" Blackwater tires and 14" Hurricane wheels
  • 2 Super ATV Lift

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-05-2019, 05:33 AM

Very nice! Iím about 30mins from Alvin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 05-05-2019, 02:21 PM

That is a sweet looking ride!

I really like that windshield!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-14-2019, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

I'm so glad I went with a tip-out windshield! That cool breeze stops completely when it's closed and it's only May. Love the roof but it adds a ton of weight... the only change i'd make if I had to do it over again would be paying the up-charge for Aluminum. This thing is rock solid though... I may put my ground blind on top of it during dear season

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Mule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in