Mule Pro FXT Oil/Grease in Clutch Cover - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Kawasaki Mule Discussions for the Kawasaki Mule UTV (Kawasaki Mule Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-19-2019, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Mule Pro FXT Oil/Grease in Clutch Cover

Need some help guys. My belt was slipping toward the end of deer season and figured I needed a new belt so got one ordered. Tonight I took off the clutch cover and everything inside was full of oil and grease.

I stopped there as it was getting late but curious where this all came from? Belt looks fine but suspect all the slippage was from the oil and grease. Any ideas or do I have a bigger issue on my hands? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-22-2019, 07:25 PM

Looks like the o-ring on the drive pulley needs replacing. Easy fix if that is the problem
post #3 of 5 Old 05-26-2019, 11:47 AM

there`s a o ring between your drive coverter and gear box but I think that is just to keep out the dust and dirt you may want to pull your clutch and look where it goes in the gears to see if you have oil in there. and have you checked your oil level if you losing any oil you may have a problem further back in your gear box is that gear oil or motor oil

Last edited by shadowm77; 05-26-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-27-2019, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

I changed the oils right before tearing into the clutch so couldnít tell if it was low. Is the gearbox oil sealed? Meaning there is nowhere to check/fill it?

I tried to take the secondary clutch off ( yes I know it is left hand thread and used M8 bolts and a box end wrench to hold the clutch tight. Could not get the bolt to budge with big ratchet or impact. Was afraid to snap it if I tried any longer. I ended up pressure washing all the grease and oil off everything and then dried it all with air compressor. Itís hard to tell where it is coming from without being able to pull the secondary clutch.

May just put it back together and drive it a bit to see if it happens again. Thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 Old 05-28-2019, 05:03 PM

maybe if you go to kawasaki.com you may have to sign up to view the pdf files but it should be helpful

Last edited by shadowm77; 05-28-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Mule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in