Mule Pro FX, going to 28's, question. - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Kawasaki Mule Discussions for the Kawasaki Mule UTV (Kawasaki Mule Forum)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-05-2019, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Mule Pro FX, going to 28's, question.

Need advice. Bought a 2019 Pro FX and want to fit 28's. It has 26" tires.
Since these come with 27's (if I wasn't so cheap), going to 28" shouldn't be a stretch. The common 2" lifts seem lift closer to 4", much more than i want. They look like they push the upper shock mount out, pushing down (and in) the lower control arm. Has anybody drilled alternate holes on the aftermarket lift brackets? I'd rather keep a lot of the angles closer to stock to minimize other alignment/cv issues.

Most of my Mule use will be around farm, with mild trail use as a portable shooting bench.

Thanks in advance, I did scour forums, saw a kit to replace control arms, but nothing more specific to getting 1.5 or 2" of lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Yesterday, 05:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieDogBuster View Post
Since these come with 27's (if I wasn't so cheap), going to 28" shouldn't be a stretch. The common 2" lifts seem lift closer to 4", much more than i want. They look like they push the upper shock mount out, pushing down (and in) the lower control arm. Has anybody drilled alternate holes on the aftermarket lift brackets? I'd rather keep a lot of the angles closer to stock to minimize other alignment/cv issues.

Most of my Mule use will be around farm, with mild trail use as a portable shooting bench.

Thanks in advance, I did scour forums, saw a kit to replace control arms, but nothing more specific to getting 1.5 or 2" of lift.

I'm sorry I don't have the specifics but alternate holes on the aftermarket lift brackets has been done. I met a guy in Alabama who said he did not like the "raked" look of the aftermarket lift (front apparently lifted slightly higher than back) so he just drilled alternate holes in the bracket(s). I did not see his machine, I was just buying some skid plates from him. On your point about the CVs - the lift does clearly increase the angle on them but I have seen nothing related to that reducing boot life or the CV itself. From the engineering side, it would be hard to argue we are going to experience both but I have got to have more ground clearance.

I'm now right there now, got the lift kit but I certainly don't want this FXT looking like a coal burner-street rod. I really don't know exactly where his comment came from, I have not seen where the lifts rake the front, not at least with the HighLifter kit.
post #3 of 6 Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:

Hey man! Another option to get the lift and bigger tires would be to add our offset front AND rear arms and run 30" tires. Essentially, you'd get the 2" of lift from the bigger tires (26"s to 30"s), and you won't mess with CV angles. Plus, you'll get an additional 1.5" of ground clearance from the arched arms.

Or... our Rear offset arms only, and run up to a 29" tire, and get 1.5" of lift from the bigger tires.
Or...28"s with just the front arms.
Or...with our front and rear arms AND a 2" lift you can run 33" tires, and you'd get about 5.5" of lift from the diff to the ground.

Sorry to muddy the water, but you have a few options to play around with.

Last edited by SuperATV; Yesterday at 08:54 AM. Reason: spacing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

SuperATV - Thanks for the response I'm in the middle of installing your EPS kit. Just need to wire it to the battery. (I didn't see the red diagnostic led on the harness? )
Your lift responses are helpful, i may well go that route. I've lifted other vehicles and would rather not stress a CV, or use a wheel spacer (im guessing properly backspaced wheels is a solution)

Talisman, thanks for the response as well.

I'll take a good look at it's stance before going either route
post #5 of 6 Old Today, 10:17 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
SuperATV - Thanks for the response I'm in the middle of installing your EPS kit. Just need to wire it to the battery. (I didn't see the red diagnostic led on the harness? )
Your lift responses are helpful, i may well go that route. I've lifted other vehicles and would rather not stress a CV, or use a wheel spacer (im guessing properly backspaced wheels is a solution)

Talisman, thanks for the response as well.

I'll take a good look at it's stance before going either route

Awesome! Shoot me a PM if you decide you want anything from us. I'll get you a little discount!
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 01:53 PM

Garage
I think john over at hester"s motorsports has a true 2" lift.Give him a call.

https://www.hester-motorsports.com/

2018 MULE PRO FXR
High lifter,lift kit
Tusk Warthog 29x11x14
STI HD6 Alloy Radiant Red
Air intake snorkeled
Clutch snorkeled
Volt meter/USB charge ports
Temp gauge
oil pressure gauge
Back up lights
Spare tire mount(Home made)
EPI clutch kit
Fan override switch
Gates Carbon 42C4266-belt
Kobalt tool box=Lows #67697
Factory UTV A-Arm Guards

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Mule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode