2015 BF on 27.5 Growlers w Raceline Mambas - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Member Pictures & Movies Show off any ATV-related pictures & movies!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-13-2017, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

2015 BF on 27.5 Growlers w Raceline Mambas

Got my 27.5x11 Growlers and Raceline Mamba pkg yesterday from DTD (Shout-out to Don and Matt!). I've always had ITP or STI wheels but I do love the Mambas- they seem to go really well with the pearl white, having just a little bit of machined alloy to bring out that pearl white ?

After having Growlers on a Grizzly 700 about 5 yrs ago, I knew the next ATV would get them too. In NC, there is no better all around tire...at least IMHO- and I've tried just about all the great radial all terrain tires (except blackwater evos). I do trails mostly, creek crossings, powerlines and some mud that can't be avoided. Southern red clay mud of course, with some sand in the small creeks I ride. Luckily the previous owner had already upgraded the clutch springs with VFJs to run bigger heavier tires. A lift kit wouldn't hurt but these fit without and give more GC than the 28 Mayhems so I may not go with a lift.

Also here's the difference between a 28x11 mega mayhem on 12 stock wheel vs 27.5x11 Growler on 14s. I was a little shocked at the difference, or maybe should say shocked at how small the Mayhems seem (maybe they measure small like all manufacturers but Pitbull?). So glad to get rid of them- terrible ride and no bite. Around here it seems everyone runs Mayhems and sinks their machines in mud. I love my Brute too much to do that - not to mention so many trails to ride and places to explore around my small rural-ish town. And there are much better tire options than the Mayhems, unless all you ride is mud.

Now that the new shoes are on and winch is coming, maybe need to consider a fuel programmer and exhaust, although I hate to go any louder than stock. Hmmm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170913_114150_1505318425125.jpg (4.14 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170912_192206_1505318440903.jpg (4.10 MB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170912_142411_1505318502791.jpg (4.69 MB, 21 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-28-2018, 08:15 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Gets expensive really quick huh

If you can't fix it with a hammer then you have an electrical problem

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV General Discussion > Member Pictures & Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode