Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dad bought a 2008 Kawasaki 750 V-twin fuel injected Brute Force. The previous owner replaced the piston rings, and could not get it start after reassembly. My dad has checked the compression and timing, it was good. It has spark and HAD fuel, now the injector light is on and the injectors are not working. Even with no fuel, he could not get it to hit even by spraying carburetor cleaner in the throttle body’s. It really does seem like the spark is not firing on time.

I work on tuner cars and know very little about ATV’s. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
A easy check would be make sure the rollover sensor is sitting in its' place and in correct position.

It will turn the injectors off.

Bet the cam timing is off too if it has never started since.

Here is the procedure for cam timing.

From the flywheel (left as you sit on it) side of the engine using the bolt under the cover rotate the engine clockwise until the TR aligns with the mark on the inspection hole on the flywheel cover. Remove the rear valve cover with the rocker arms in it and then place cam with lobs pointed down and align the marks on the cam gear at 9 and 3 o'clock with pointer pointing up. Once you have this cam sitting in this position with all the marks lined up put the cover back on. Then rotate the crank clockwise 270 degrees until the TF lines up then just repeat the procedure. You will also need to remove the cam chain tensioner to do this.

To reinstall the tensioner, remove the 12mm bolt from center before you remove the tensioner from engine then when you get ready to put it back, trip the little catch and slide the tensioner pin back into the housings. Once you get the two mounting screws back in put the spring and rod back in and then install the 12mm bolt all at the same time.

Also, where are you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
brute force starter problems?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having same problem on a 07 750 that's carbed.. Any idea what would make it fire? it's never been tore into but I would like to know what would fix it b/c I'm out of ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts