Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2004-2009 KAWASAKI KFX700 H.I.D. LIGHTING UPGRADE [PLUG-N-PLAY]

We have manufactured the bulbs and plug-n-play harness to be an exact plug-n-play kit for the Kawasaki KFX700.

It is the only kit of its kind and it is a huge improvement compared to the very dim stock halogen bulbs. We are talking about at least 6X brighter and the amperage draw is about the same as the stock halogen bulb.

We make each kit specifically for the ATV we offer it for. You will not have to worry about splicing, cutting, gluing, or modifying of any type. These kits are quick and easy to install and they are reversible in case you need to sell your vehicle or keep it stock.

If you have any questions, you can call us from 8am-5pm Monday - Friday and a real person will answer the phone to assist you. Please note that we have served the Off Road industry for over a decade. We offer reliability, high quality, and great products geared toward your exact fitment.

We look forward to working with you soon!

Jessica
Eagle Eye Lights
(909)392-0822
www.eagleeyelights.com
[email protected]
Like us on facebook!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can the kits be done with 4300k lights. The 6000k are good at blinding oncoming traffic but I find they do not show variance in terrain well in the desert

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Color Temperature

Hi!

Good question! In regards to the color temperature, we only offer 6000K bulbs.

The reason being is that we have found that the 6000K color temperature is brighter than even normal daylight and it offers the best all around light output.

If you go higher in color temperature into the blues, purple, and pinks you are getting away from useable light and the way they get those different color temperatures is by actually tinting the bulbs, which in turn dims the light quite a bit.

If you go lower into the 4000K area you are going back into the yellow hues, which is synonymous with halogen lights. The yellow light actually is known to cause fatigue.

We stick with 6000K because we feel it is the brightest and whitest light output possible.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Jessica
Eagle Eye Lights
(909)392-0822
www.eagleeyelights.com
[email protected]
Like us on facebook!

·
Registered
505 Posts
so how much is this kit.

·
Registered
194 Posts
$179.99

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MSRP & Pricing Questions

Good Morning Everyone!

In regards to pricing, you can feel free to call me directly at (909)392-0822 or you can e-mail me directly at [email protected].

If you have any pricing questions or if you are looking for a dealer in your area, feel free to get a hold of me and I will do my best to help you directly, find a dealer in your area, or direct you to one of our many online dealers so you can get the best deal possible.

I have a lot of tips that I can provide to help you find the best deals online!

The 35W kits retail at $179.99 per kit. Again, these kits are true plug-n-play and we have manufactured the bulbs and plug-n-play connectors from scratch to make sure it is a very very easy installation.

We look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks!

Jessica
Eagle Eye Lights
(909)392-0822
www.eagleeyelights.com
[email protected]
Like us on facebook!

·
Registered
217 Posts
So this bulb kit would also fit a prairie 700 since they share h4 p45t bulbs?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Do you still get high and low beam? Or just high?

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Because it is a single element bulb, will have only high beam.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Thanks Jesse, thought as much.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi/Lo Beam VS. Single Filament

Hey Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. Hi/Lo beam vs single filament is a great question, not to mention a frequently asked one so I thought I would spend a few minutes touching on this subject.

I have been working with Halogen and H.I.D. lighting for over 7 years and I am very familiar with manufacturers pushing certain products just to move "new and improved" products.

Before purchasing a kit, do your research. When a company boasts "hi/lo" what is it exactly that they are offering?

We see hundreds of new products and bulb samples every few months so there are so many different options and marketing ploys out there, be careful. Just because a company offers 13,000K color temperature, doesn't mean it is the best light output possible. The same goes for the hi/lo beam function in regards to the H.I.D. technology.

Here are some questions to ask:

If the kit is hi/lo beam, does that mean that the hi beam is H.I.D. and the lo beam is halogen (basically a halogen bulb screwed to the side of a H.I.D. bulb?) If the answer is yes, note that combining the halogen and H.I.D. technology is not something we recommend. Doing so can decrease the life of your H.I.D. bulb, not to mention the halogen bulb has a much shorter bulb life compared to H.I.D. so you will have to change out bulbs pretty frequently. We have yet to find a high quality hi/lo H.I.D. solution so we would rather not offer a hi/lo kit until we find a kit we can feel comfortable and confident offering.

Another option is having both the hi and lo beams as H.I.D., but H.I.D. is far too bright to use as a lo beam. You will still blind oncoming traffic. We do not think this is a true hi/lo beam function so we do not offer it.​

We have served the off road industry for over a decade. We work only within the off road industry so we offer only the BRIGHTEST, most durable, and most affordable H.I.D. solutions in the industry. The hi/lo function is an on-road application.

The KFX700 kit [HIDKKF700] is a kit that we manufactured from scratch. We manufactured the bulb to fit directly into your headlamp assembly without any modification and we also manufactured the plugs so there is not any splicing, cutting, or modifying of your stock wiring harness.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call us, e-mail us, or private message us on the forum. We look forward to assisting you.

Thank you!

Jessica
Eagle Eye Lights
(909)392-0822
www.eagleeyelights.com
[email protected]
Like us on facebook!

·
Registered
62 Posts
What kind of guarantee do you have that both lights will fire every time. If one does not light with one cycle of the switch will you refund 100%

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Flickering Issue

Hello:

Another great subject I would love to touch upon, flickering...

Flickering is often associated with poor quality bulbs and ballasts, and although this can be true for some cases, flickering is something that is typically seen within the H.I.D. industry if power, ground, and/or wiring is an issue.

The reason being is that upon start-up, a H.I.D. ballast and bulb, will draw about triple the amperage draw for a second or two. After a second or two, the draw will regulate back down to about 2.9 amps for the 35W and about 4.6 amps for the 55W.

This is why it is absolutely necessary that you have enough power and a high enough AMP on your stock fuse to take the added amperage draw for those few seconds. If you do not you will notice the lights will flicker or they will not turn on.

Another common occurrence, if power is an issue, is one side will turn on, then turn off, then that issue will alternate to the other side.

We always suggest having the vehicle running before you attempt to switch on the H.I.D. kits. We also suggest upgrading the fuse on the ATVs wiring harness to at least a 20AMP fuse for a 35W kit and at least a 30AMP fuse for a 50W kit.

Upgrading the fuse usually takes care of most flickering issue.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you have an older battery or if you have anything other aftermarket accessories/upgrades, you may need to purchase our 320HID relay.

The 320HID relay kit will keep the plug-n-play feature and it will also enable you to continue to use the stock switch to turn your headlamps on. Flickering does not mean there is a problem with the kit, but mostly a problem with the power system not being able to take the added amperage draw upon start-up.

If you ATV H.I.D. kit flickers, we have many solutions to make sure the kit is able to work properly on your ATVs & SIDExSIDEs. Our defective rate is less than 0.3% and we take great pride in doing our best to have superior quality control and customer satisfaction.

Our kits carry a one year warranty from the original purchaser on the original purchase date. The warranty covers manufacturing defects. You can take a look at our full warranty policy here: Eagle Eye Lights Warranty

We have served the Off Road industry for over a decade so we are a reliable source for all of your H.I.D. and Off Road Lighting solutions. We will be here to answer any questions you may have and if you call between 8 AM - 5 PM, Monday through Friday, you will get a real person to assist you. We each have at least 7 years of experience working within the Off Road industry.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at (909)392-0822, e-mail me at [email protected], or private message me on the forum. We look forward to earning your business.

Have a great day!

Jessica
Eagle Eye Lights
(909)392-0822
www.eagleeyelights.com
[email protected]
LIKE us on facebook!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts