Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My prairies gauge quit workin. the backlight comes on and the neutral and reverse lights work but nothing on the display. none of the fuses are blown and the gauge is not bad cause my other one does the same thing. Anyone have this problem before or have any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Could be a couple of things. I have experienced this twice once was the ground that connects to the tstat housing and the other was when I unplugged my kebc. My bud has a bforce and he unplugged his with no problem but I had to leave mine plugged even though I deleted it.

Short answer bad ground some where.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I did notice that my kbec is also not working but it still goes in 4x4 fine. the quad has so many wires i had no idea where to start lookin for grounds but i will check the one on the tstat housing. Tstat is thermostat housing...right? thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Did it quit after you did any work to it or was it all of a sudden? I changed the coolant and forgot to put the ground back on the tstat the first time it happened took me about a month to figure out what the deal was. Pretty sure that's why my ecu is f'ed up now.

If you.still have your kebc on your bike and its not working or not slowing you id check that connection first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it ended up being a wire broke. tryin to figure it out i also fried the ignitor but new parts in and the prairie is up and goin

·
Registered
49 Posts
happy to hear you get her fixed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. My prairies gauge quit workin. the backlight comes on and the neutral and reverse lights work but nothing on the display. none of the fuses are blown and the gauge is not bad cause my other one does the same thing. Anyone have this problem before or have any ideas? thanks
Hello I am having this same problem . Can’t seem to find anything wrong anywhere . Where was the wire that was broken at . Thanks for any information you can give me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts