Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What location would be best on this CT Racing Pipe? One in each head pipe, or one in the canister where the 2 meet?

Also, what will have to be done to weld the bung in with the coating used on this? I believe it is similar to Jet Hot.

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
The coating going to have to ground off. No way around it. I think the anal folks are doing three bungs. One cylinder at a time to get it dead on and one in the collector to monitor. One in the collector would be fine though. JMHO

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
The merge collector is really close to the can. How are you going to avoid picking up pulses from individual cylinders?

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
On my BKuzzy system I have one exhaust bung at the end where the two pipes meet.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Right about here,with the sensor as straight up as possible.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I almost bought that CT system off BANDAMAN when he first posted it. Looks like a grate exhaust, be sure to report back after you have it installed and tuned in. I'd love to hear a sound clip to if you can get it.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input, guys. I'm going to see what BigKev thinks on it..he will keep it aesthetically pleasing. :D

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the pipe today! Nicer than I expected. Now its off to BigKev for an 02 bung in the canister, and I think I'm going to order the other tip for it.
:D

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
That is sharp.. I like it.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Glad you like it:)

Told you guys it was nice, can't believe it took so long to sell. ya bunch of muzzy lovers! :lol: I hated to sell it so cheap, but I don't have any use for it.

Thanks Travis! :cool:

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Looks very nice. Yea if I would have bought it I would have also put the other tip on it as well.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Yeah, I thought about it too but couldn't get past that disc-type end cap. I hated the way the exhaust flow came out on the White Bros E-Series that I used to have on my orange V.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
The merge collector is really close to the can. How are you going to avoid picking up pulses from individual cylinders?
I don't understand how you can tune each side correctly without a bung on each header---How do you know which cyl needs adjustment when they are read from one bung placed on the the 2in1 collector??????

The anal type mentioned seems like a good idea--fine tune each separately--Then see if it's consistent in the connector.

Can someone sort this out a little---Thanks

Kenny

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is how BigKev sorted me out. IF you are drag only, one in each cylinder is a must for tuning purposes. If it is a general purpose bike one in a central spot should be fine. I am just using this for tuning purposes with a small shot. When I get to the point that I am spraying over a 40 or so shot I will get some drag pipes made and put one in each head pipe.

Most dyno's just use a sniffer to check the AF Ratio, which is a piece that goes into the exhaust. If that works for a dyno, then this should be fine for my pansy lil 715..

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
Your not running over a 40 shot? So, that means I am not doing the nitrous jetting for ya? lolololol

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I gotta crawl before I can walk..;)

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
speaking off.. I gave jammer a hand putting a +8 on his bike this past weekend.. Gauge did a fantastic job on it.. YOU NEED one....

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Think I'm gonna get me a 10" when I decide to get it done.

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
His was a lot nicer than mine is... it is a bit heavy, but.. dear lord.. no way you are breaking it...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts