Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 prairie 650
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got this 03 prairie 650 with 700 miles on it, for about 300$. It is mint. Except that it only runs good at idle or somewhat good at wot..anything in between and it just runs like garbage. It hesitates and pops. Obviously the first thing i did was inspect the carbs. The Front carb diaphragm had a small tear in it and so the front carb slide was not actuating. I put a dab of silicone over the pinhole and reassembled later and now the front carb slide is actuating. Top speed went up from 35mph to about 52mph. Still at wot around 45ish it starts to miss and hesitate. If i let off the throttle to anything below wot it misses bad and wont really get over 12-15mph. Carbs seem very clean. Air filter is a new k&n. Has dynatek cdi and 2 washers shimming each carb needle. 130 main in the front carb 134 main in the rear. 40 pilots in both..It came like that when i got it. Any ideas on how to move forward. I was thinking ill check the choke plunger tomorrow. I haven't checked the plugs i suppose ill do that tomorrow aswell.
received_293807781795155.jpeg

·
Registered
2003 prairie 650
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its fixed. It was frozen a choke cable. The front carb was stuck at half choke and the rear carb was stuck at full choke. I removed the cables from the plungers and reassembled the carbs with the chokes always closed. Problem solved until i buy a new cable. Never need a choke living in florida anyway...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts