Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as I posted before I'm working on this machine for a friend. I have the carbs off to clean, and it does look like someone has been into the AF mixture adjustment screws before. Looks like they had a cap and was drilled out.
I've read about synchronizing the carbs and have some questions. I'm going to try to build a tool out of tubing to do it.
1. Where are the vaccum ports for the cylinders located?
2. When adjusting sync, do you use the AF mixture screws, or the adjustment screw in the center that appears to sync the butterflies? I'm seeing conflicting information online about this

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
You adjust the screw under the cable cover back by the rear carb on the left side of the rear carb. I usually just look at both carbs and adjust the butterfly valve plates so they are positioned the same gap in each bore of each carb. U can adjust that screw to far in either direction which will change how far closed or open the butterfly valves are - they move opposite of each other when using the adjustment screw.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I just noticed your atv is a brute 650 straight axle if it is an 04, whick is a little different from what I posted. Download a service manual, and it will show you how to adjust carbs, there still should be an adjustment screw and be similar to the process I posted

·
Super Moderator
12,505 Posts
The pilot screws don't adjust the synchronization, but the screw between the carbs on the linkage will. You can just use a piece of wire down through the carbs between the venturi and butterfly as a feeler gauge, and set them that way. The vacuum ports are on the rubber intake boots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts