Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question has been asked over and over and I hate to ask again but I have seached hundreds of threads about reseting the belt light and I see all the same procedures with the black and gray plugs. My bf does not have these plugs. I have removed the belt cover and checked the switch inside the case and it is not tripped. The dealer says they will charge 30 bucks to reset it so it can't be that big of a deal. I just don't know how to do it . Any input would be greatly apprciated.

·
Registered
281 Posts
unless your bf is homemade it is almost 99% impossiable for your bike not to have those plugs

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can up grade to new ignition module,a Dynatek for $174 (off of ebay)and you won't have to worry about reseting the light ever again,plus You won't beleive the difference it will make.I put one on my 08 650 sra,night and day difference in power

·
Registered
184 Posts
They are there. Right side of the bike, behind the plastics, directly under the shifter, held to the frame with some metal straps.

·
Registered
151 Posts
1. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

2. Disconnect both sets of 5 pin connectors located above the CVT cover. Note: These connectors are located just beneath the shift handle on the right side of the 650; one is black and one is grey.

3. Connect these 5 pin connectors to their opposite pairs (grey to black and black to grey).

4. Turn the ignition switch ON.

5. Disconnect the belt failure switch at the 2-pin connector above the CVT cover. (Note: Just follow the wires coming from the rectangular black box on the CVT Cover to locate this connector.)

6. Observe the belt-warning lamp. It should be flashing at a 0.4 second interval for a few seconds then start to flash slower. Let the lamp flash for at least seven seconds.

7. After seven seconds or more, turn the ignition switch off.

8. Reconnect 5 pin connectors to their proper location (black to black, grey to grey).

9. Connect the belt failure switch 2-pin connector (wires from CVT cover).

10. Turn the ignition switch on to confirm that the belt warning light is not flashing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anytime thats what were all here for :tup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts