Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm deciding if I should repair my 05 BF 750 with 2500 miles, part it out, or just sell it as is. I have had the BF for 16 years and it has done me good. I started to replace the starter gear behind the flywheel because I was gonna to sell it for a SxS. However the flywheel puller I picked up did some pretty bad damage to the crank. The puller bolt made its way into the hollow part of the crank and split it about 1/4 in. Yes, its on me, this puller wasn't made for the BF crank and I completely got in a hurry. However the damaged is done and now I have a choice to make on the bike.

Do I repair and sell it? I'm pry looking at $500 in parts to get it back running. Other option on this would to have it precision welded. The bike is in rough shape cosmetically and pry only worth around $2500

Next would be parting it out. Seems years ago the differentials brought good money, motor would have to be pieced out, tires are shot, front fenders are rough. Lots of work but it would pry get me the most coin. Which I'm typical cool with!

Or do I just take the hit, send it down the road and call it a day. I already had one offer for $800.

I guess my question is what's gonna bring me more money to put towards a SxS? I'm really not sure what parting out a BF is worth, or what the 05's even sell for. Like I said my plastic is in rough shape and tires are shot.

·
Super Moderator
12,565 Posts
In my opinion, and unless you really like wrenching or the bother of parting it out, just sell it for whatever you can get out of it. It's given you 16 years; it's time to move on.

·
Registered
562 Posts
X2. Unless you really enjoy wrenching and then dealing with the hassle of trying to sell and ship used parts, just get what you can for it and call it a day. Sounds like she's in pretty bad shape anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts