Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turn the key on the Brute this morning and NOTHING..no power to the pod. Rode it last week and all was fine and no indication anything was going wrong. I checked the battery with a multimeter and it is reading a healthy 12V, checked the fuses under the seat and they are all fine. Now here is a strange thing; I added a set of lights in the rear that are on their own circuit off the battery and they wont work either. Electricity is not one of my strong skills and I am not sure how to proceed. My only thought is I have a short somewhere but before I start pulling all the body plastic off and looking for a needle in a haystack I was hoping someone may have a good idea how to hunt it down or know what the problem may be.
Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
379 Posts
battery post

Check your battery post connections they may be loose...........after you wired your lights.........Turn your key on and the light switch and wiggle the batt post.......I have seen batteries that test good and still be shorted inside......so it could be the batt....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally had time to check the battery as you guys suggested. I wiggled both terminals, crossed my fingers, turned the key and IT WORKS!!
Thanks for your replies and Happy New Year!!

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts