Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the gas is good when i fire it up have to turn the idle up for it to stay running and it is backfiring up through the carbs. When it warms up have to re adjust the idle as it is way to high and the back firing issue does not go away seem to be the worst at idle and low speeds open it up and it runs strong. Could it be something in the jetting?

·
Registered
379 Posts
carbs dirty

I just had the same trouble.........you prob need to pull and clean the carbs. I had a piece of micro trash in a pilot jet. I cleaned the fuel tank, installed an inline clear fuel filter between the fuel pump and carbs and solved that problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
yes choke plu ngers also pull your spark plugs and read them also check your carbs make sure they are tight on intakes sometimes the carbs loosen up also check make sure your intakes arent cracked

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes choke plu ngers also pull your spark plugs and read them also check your carbs make sure they are tight on intakes sometimes the carbs loosen up also check make sure your intakes arent cracked

I think you defeniatly have to pull the all telling plugs on this one. They will tell you which way to go in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts