Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone with a 05 BRUTE 650 SRA do the buss connector fix? found answers on another site but, wasn't a 05, it had a different connector on top of gas tank, mine are in the rear and are round,(which i found the corrosion in when it started acting up) with different wire color combos. been reading and searching for some more info for a while,any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? i know it's the same procedure just want a conformation of it, before i go and cut wires, thanks for any input

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have an 05 and my conector was square and located on the right rear sitting on the bike just outside the frame rail. The wires were black white and brown. I soldered them color to color and have had no problems. You may have the wrong plug.
Sorry just read you have a 650 SRA. Idisregard my comment.

·
Registered
663 Posts
i dont recall any 650's that have the buss connector issue. i believe this was just a 05-06 750i problem. but if you do have a problem, strip the tape back, the connector just joins the main sections of the harness together and isnt water tight. it would be the same i believe as the 750i procedure, all like colors together but then each group must be kept seperate from one another. not sure if this helps. but if you do decide to solder anything, PLEASE, disconnect the KEBC controller and CDI and battery, as these things can be damaged and are expensive to replace. i speak from expierience. there is a good sticky on this in the highlifter kawi section.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ttt??????????????????? anyone?????????????

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a pic where i found my problem

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are these buss connectors, that come off the voltage regulator? anyone else have these problems? could i bypass the connectors? not having the overheating problem anymore, well i guess i had a lightbulb moment, as i can't, in case of a failure of the voltage regulator

1 - 8 of 8 Posts