Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 05 brute force 650 with it knocking with 1200 miles, i bought it from my friend that i ride with alot. we were just going down the trail when it started knocking so i know it has only been rode maybe 1 mile knocking at low speeds. got it home found the knocking sound in the front cylinder, removed the front cylinder and found the rod bearing is bad. can move the rod up and down alot so i think it is the rod bearing? my question is can i just repace the rod bearings? can i repace the rod bearings without spliting the case? where is the cheapest place to buy parts?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ive done it before, its hard but its not possible to get a correct torque. all you need to do is make sure you get the correct size bearing. Don't forget to check the head for damage. I bought my parts from a dealer. good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no damage to the head, what do i torque them to? i cant just order the stock bearings? what do yaw think about parting the 650 out? about how much could i get? its got 1200 miles and 200 hours and been service by the dealer since new.

·
Registered
97 Posts
25 ft pounds I wouldn't part it out for that. You have less then $300 parts and gaskets. Make sure the rod is ok, when the bearing spins it sometimes messes up the rod. You need a new head gasket, a new base gasket, a connecting rod bearing and that should be about it. You well find out when you go to order your new bearing, the stealer well ask witch size. Brown, yellow,or green. I would pick up a service Manuel to under stand this. The rod wears down over time and these three bearings have different thickness. dont let the make you part out the quad, Its still worth it! good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts