Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 05 brute force 750 and wondering what kind of differential oil I can use. I drained it today at work and was wondering what would be best at a local napa or advanced auto parts store. Not wanting to put somethign in im gonna regret down the road sometime in future. What do you guys use???

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got a 05 brute force 750 and wondering what kind of differential oil I can use. I drained it today at work and was wondering what would be best at a local napa or advanced auto parts store. Not wanting to put somethign in im gonna regret down the road sometime in future. What do you guys use???
i use valvoline ATV 10-40 or 20-40 MAKE SURE IT SAYS ATV ITS FOR WET CLUTCHES FOR YOUR DIFF LOK .:D

·
Registered
346 Posts
I use royal purple in the front and kawiechem in the back. You have to use the recommended oil in the rear for the wet brake. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
rear is hydraulic oil
for use with wet brakes

don't use just regular hydraulic oil, you'll ruin you discs

you can get it at Wal Mart or any auto parts store

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
I have not looked but reckon the kubota hydraulic oil for my fully hydrostatic tractor would be ok?

That's what I use in this

and this

:lol:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So my local parts store when i go there should have some sort of hydraulic tractor oil for wet brakes? Or can I get like any sort of oil thats made for wet brakes? Also does it hold a quart? or how much?

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
no

it's usually tractor hydraulic fluid compatible with wet brakes....I forget the NAPA name/part number....just ask them if you go to a NAPA store

I wanna say the Mobil product is Mobil 424

it's right at a quart

·
Registered
151 Posts
You can get it just about anywhere. It's called UTF, Universal Tractor Fluid. Make sure it labeled for wet brakes. Not all tractor transmittion fluid will work, some are for hydrostatic transmittions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts