Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a family member has a 05 750, his mechanic told him it has 2 piece valves? is this true? the service manual i downloaded shows a normal one piece valve...

anyway, he was told this valve setup came apart trashing the rear cylinder... he was quoted 4k to do a total rebuild, is this on par? it sounded outrageous to me..

what is a clean brute in need of a engine rebuild be worth?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any thoughts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh man! I have a 05 650 Brute force and the same thing just happened to me. Needs new head, oversized piston, valves, maybe timing chains.
I think I can salvage the cylinder and do a bore. What troubles me is why this happened, did the chain skip and break the valve when the piston hit it? If it did skip, why? I did notice the chain tensioner was all the way extended when I took it out. Looking at an online retailer I'm looking at at least $1000.- in parts, if not more. Sorry to hyjack your thread!!!

Andre

·
Registered
256 Posts
same kind of problem with my 05 750. The timing chain broke on the rear cylinder but did not damage the valves only the chain guides are chewed up. Have to change those but to remove one guide you are supposed to split the cases ( sucks ) and remove the bolt for the shaft holding the guide. Oh well, time for a 880 big bore or 1000! Just needed a reason to do it and now i have one!!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Darrell most valves are two piece and they are welded together to make a one piece valve. If he thought they actually were in two piece then get you a new mechanic.

I would say you can get it done lots less with stock parks nearly half that.

We can do the work for you if you like and we can do performance parts this time if interested.

Todd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why...here is a picture of my two piece valves........:p

This happened when bolting back together......valve stems and rocker arm screws were not lined up correctly when I torqued down the cover heads, this in turn bent the the valve stems ever so slightly, after about a 1/2 running...snap boing bing....well you get the picture. I would just always suggest to back your rocker screws out before slapping on the heads.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Seems a bit high for repairs.
I was told that the first run of the BF750s had these 2-peice valves but the latter 05 yr units went with the one piece.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts