Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kawasaki KVF 360a 4x4 Prairie
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. This is Dewan. I am from New York and I am new to this site. looking for help on my 360 prairie. Whenever I apply parking brake, front brakes or turn on headlamps, the 30 amp fuse(under seat) pops instantly. I must mention, 4x4 light blinking and clicking sound coming from actuator on belt housing.. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Im thinking a two fold issue. The belt light system requires a reset if the sensor was tripped or if its been over 100 hours since last reset. The fuse likely is from a shorted lighting wire which you gonna have to track down by close inspection. You might start by unplugging the tail light and headlight and and hitting the brake to see is its in the sockets or light assemblies. If not at least you can rule those out.

·
Registered
2005 Kawasaki KVF 360a 4x4 Prairie
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Qtown. I followed your lead and I found the brake light wire fused on to the ground wire right above the toolbox area where the tail lamp connects to the main harness. I reset the belt light and still have the 4x4 light blinking on a one second interval. Some blogs say its probably a front diff actuator and some say to unplug the black box with ignition off for one minute. I will try that tomorrow. Any leads on the 4x4 flashing light??

·
Registered
231 Posts
I remember when looking there was more than one directive on how to do the light reset and they were not all the same. IIRC one was from a Kawasaki manual which I used and it did the trick. Ive deleated my belt light crap with Sgori's kit which was a great upgrade. You should pop the belt cover off and see if the sensor has tripped from the belt being worn and stretched. Its very obvious if it did as the belts are grooved and will catch the little arm throwing it to the on position. Its also a great time to use compressed air to blow out all the belt dust from the inners and check for ground up mice and rats that made a home in there. Been there,dont that ;)

7 Posts
Thanks Qtown. I followed your lead and I found the brake light wire fused on to the ground wire right above the toolbox area where the tail lamp connects to the main harness. I reset the belt light and still have the 4x4 light blinking on a one second interval. Some blogs say its probably a front diff actuator and some say to unplug the black box with ignition off for one minute. I will try that tomorrow. Any leads on the 4x4 flashing light??
If it is flashing in 1 second intervals then it's more than likely your 4wd actuator (see below). Take a look at our Sure 4 manual 4wd kits, bypass all faulty electronics and never deal with replacing your 4wd actuator again! 🙌
Font Parallel Rectangle Number Pattern

1 - 5 of 5 Posts