Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Im thinking a two fold issue. The belt light system requires a reset if the sensor was tripped or if its been over 100 hours since last reset. The fuse likely is from a shorted lighting wire which you gonna have to track down by close inspection. You might start by unplugging the tail light and headlight and and hitting the brake to see is its in the sockets or light assemblies. If not at least you can rule those out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I remember when looking there was more than one directive on how to do the light reset and they were not all the same. IIRC one was from a Kawasaki manual which I used and it did the trick. Ive deleated my belt light crap with Sgori's kit which was a great upgrade. You should pop the belt cover off and see if the sensor has tripped from the belt being worn and stretched. Its very obvious if it did as the belts are grooved and will catch the little arm throwing it to the on position. Its also a great time to use compressed air to blow out all the belt dust from the inners and check for ground up mice and rats that made a home in there. Been there,dont that ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts