Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If done everything I could possibly do .. what it's doing : idles fine but when u try to press the throttle it sputters and then will die out .. it'll crank right back up and do that over and over again. .. but if u floor the throttle it runs like a bat out of hell no problems until you are slowing down the rpms again. .. i have cleaned this carb like new I've put a carb rebuild kit in it made sure all passages are clear ...and I've set the valves 4 different ways without any improvement. .I've also checked the rubber boot between the carb and motor .. I've tried running the fuel screw between 1.25 and 2 turns out and a new spark plug. .. none of these have helped this issue at all.. it has a 155 main jet 90 idle I'm currently running 06mm on the intake valve and 15mm on exhaust

·
Registered
899 Posts
If done everything I could possibly do .. what it's doing : idles fine but when u try to press the throttle it sputters and then will die out .. it'll crank right back up and do that over and over again. .. but if u floor the throttle it runs like a bat out of hell no problems until you are slowing down the rpms again. .. i have cleaned this carb like new I've put a carb rebuild kit in it made sure all passages are clear ...and I've set the valves 4 different ways without any improvement. .I've also checked the rubber boot between the carb and motor .. I've tried running the fuel screw between 1.25 and 2 turns out and a new spark plug. .. none of these have helped this issue at all.. it has a 155 main jet 90 idle I'm currently running 06mm on the intake valve and 15mm on exhaust
Some of the things your saying here aren't sounding right ( or I'm not understanding :D ). What size is your pilot jet? The valve lash....sounds way "big" on the adjustments. When you built the carb, are you sure you installed the jet needle?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My main jet is 155 and the pilot is 90 that's what came in the rebuild kit and it also included a new needle. . I have adjusted the lashes on the intake 05 06 and 08 .. the exhaust has been set to .10 .17 and 20

·
Registered
899 Posts
My main jet is 155 and the pilot is 90 that's what came in the rebuild kit and it also included a new needle. . I have adjusted the lashes on the intake 05 06 and 08 .. the exhaust has been set to .10 .17 and 20
OK.. Couple of things. The pilot jet cannot be a 90..:eek:.....it will be a 35 or 40 or so.

Def sounds like something is missing from carb, or something not installed correctly. Take a look at this link. It will help define the carbs parts we are referring to. Then post again with questions you may have.

2005 Kawasaki PRAIRIE 360 4X4 (KVF360-C3) Carburetor | CarolinaCycle

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My mistake bud guess I was unsure of the name placement. .. the pilot witch is down inside the tube is a 35 .. and the main that's screwed into the needle holder is a 155 and the main that's next to it is a 90 ... sorry didn't realize the 2 beside each other were both mains

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
Make sure the slide diaphragm doesn't have a hole in it.

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
Yup I did perfect condition and I polished the slide to ensure it slides without any issues
You can feel some resistance when you push the slide open with your finger, and it seems controlled when you release it?
Did this start over time, or suddenly?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I can push the slide up with ease and hear the vacuum then it releases very well ... I bought the bike with these problems and haven't been able to get it straight sense then ... kind of frustrating

·
Registered
899 Posts
Yes I can push the slide up with ease and hear the vacuum then it releases very well ... I bought the bike with these problems and haven't been able to get it straight sense then ... kind of frustrating
Can you verify the slide/needle is put together correctly, needle in the "center hole and as per link, tyhe spring valve seat is installed correctly, and are you sure the needle jet is installed and in the correct direction, and the spring is absolutely straight...installed? Sounds like your rich everywhere but idle and WOT and may be a little there as well....?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In order from the top cover of diaphragm. . 1.the cap 2.the spring 3. The white holder piece with the fingers pointed down 4.the needle witch is the last piece of the slide assy. .. then the needle goes through the needle jet in the throat of the carb witch is behind the needle holder that has my main jet the 155 screwed inside of it

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
The battery is good?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Are you sure the needle jet is installed in the correct direction? On most carbs, it can go in either way......:eek::eek: If installed in the wrong direction, the needle can not go down into the holder correctly. How is the "half throttle on the ATV"...good, responsive, smooth?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes it is because on this carb it can only go in one way witch is the larger hole facing inside the throat of the carb and the smaller hole butted up against the needle holder ... I've almost got this ting memorized because of the countless times ive tried to be sure all pieces were correct. ..it sucks

·
Registered
899 Posts
Yes it is because on this carb it can only go in one way witch is the larger hole facing inside the throat of the carb and the smaller hole butted up against the needle holder ... I've almost got this ting memorized because of the countless times ive tried to be sure all pieces were correct. ..it sucks
Well damn! :eek::eek: I am out out of ideas for you brother. Maybe Nova and NMK and some others will get back in here and help you. I have exhausted all that I know.....:(

·
Registered
899 Posts
Check and clean all electrical connections and when you re-connect, use dielectric grease. The coil secondary wire, is it tight in the coil and the spark plug boot and, there is a flathead screwdriver part inside the spark plug boot...is it tight?

·
Registered
294 Posts
i got a rebuild kit for mine .i could not get it to run worth a crap . i ended up putting washers on my needle jet to get it right

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
you try messing with the idle mix setting?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts