Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Maybe it does have some strange electrical problem. You did check the coil secondary for tightness in coil and spark plug boot...right? Checked and cleaned all electrical connections ( especially CDI ) and added dielectric grease? When you do find the issue, please get back on here with the solution. This can help help alot of other folks.

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
As well, did this problem happen overnight, or gradually?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Ok guys I've got it !!! Took a magnifying glass and a light and low in behold some one tried to build up the inside of the diaphragm gate with freaking jb weld !!! So that the needle was lifted to high! .... I shaved that [email protected]$ off and put it all back together set the spark plug gap to. 35 and set valves to stock specs and fuel screw to 1 and 3/4 turn out .......she runs like a brand new bike !!!! .

Thank you all for your advice and clues this is the best fourm by far

·
Registered
899 Posts
Your talking about "inside" the slide? :eek: Thats nuts!!! Glad you have it finally running well.......One never knows what a previous owner might have done...I've seen some crazy things....:D:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Exactly ! Instead of doing a washer mod to rich it up dude put jb weld to make the holder taller ...and it's gray so I couldn't tell at all that it wasn't part of the gate without looking through magnifying glass ! It was molded and drilled! .. crazy man

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
I wonder if he broke the end off it or something?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
It didn't look like it at all after shaving it off I could see the Grove from the original piece. .. guy told me it sat for a long time so I'm guessing the carb was gummed up bad ... and I ended up cleaning it out due to all of my searching for steps lol .. then every time I would try it the main was just dumping fuel the sec I hit the throttle

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
Good job!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i got a rebuild kit for mine .i could not get it to run worth a crap . i ended up putting washers on my needle jet to get it right
Do you mean you mean you put a washers on the main jet for the needle in the carb ? Or are you saying you put the washers directly on the needle itself ?? And did it work for you ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If done everything I could possibly do .. what it's doing : idles fine but when u try to press the throttle it sputters and then will die out .. it'll crank right back up and do that over and over again. .. but if u floor the throttle it runs like a bat out of hell no problems until you are slowing down the rpms again. .. i have cleaned this carb like new I've put a carb rebuild kit in it made sure all passages are clear ...and I've set the valves 4 different ways without any improvement. .I've also checked the rubber boot between the carb and motor .. I've tried running the fuel screw between 1.25 and 2 turns out and a new spark plug. .. none of these have helped this issue at all.. it has a 155 main jet 90 idle I'm currently running 06mm on the intake valve and 15mm on exhaust
Did you ever solve the problem I have a 2005 360 4x4 doing the same thing I have fought with it for months about to give up !

41 - 50 of 50 Posts