Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this ATV about 3 days ago got it for 1200 dollars because it needs a muffler and it WAS STUCK IN 4x4

The Issue is the this I tried removing the actuator but for some reason it just wouldn’t come out easy ! I then just screwed it back on and decided to take the actuator cap off so I could manually turn it to get back to 2wd, somehow after turning and turning 1000times it did go only 2 wheel drive, then I tried turning it again to 4wd instead it was just making a whining/grinding type of noise just by me rolling itback and forth. I proceeded to take try and take the actuator out which I did with a lot of wiggling back and forth and this is what I got
now my concern is what happened ??? Please helppppppp!! Another thing is when I screwed the Actuator back in it kinda cracked the housing

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
You need a new actuator. They are about $260 new. Cheaper used ones on Ebay.
Before you bolt the new one on, make sure the little sliding collar inside the diff moves freely.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Or go with the Sgroi 4x4 aftermarket kit instead of a new actuator. About the same price as a new actuator.

Reactions: JstWantoRide
1 - 5 of 5 Posts