Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
sure its on here somewhere but i have a completely stock 05 priaire 700 has popping coming from breather and gets worse when giving about 1/8 throttle. can turn choke on and runs like rapped ape i understand this is a lean prob thought carbs might be diry so seafoamed still not helping alot was wondering if shimming needles would be good after cleaning? Read were alot of people see power improvements from the shimming. Also from a idle if u open it up it will bog for a second but with the choke on it doesnt will pull wheelie with choke on but not with it off.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
if it bogs with the choke off and runs great with the choke on.... then that tells you your not getting enough gas... you need to consider jetting up or adding a shim to your needles or simply turning your mixture screws out.... depending on where the problem is at...(low end, midrange or topend) will tell you which to do...

·
Registered
2005 PrairieTeam Green 700
114 Posts
Make sure your pilot jets are clean before making other adjustments. Since the are smaller, they clog sooner.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
yes what he said, clean the pilots. They have a very small orifice just running a cleaner through the carbs probably won't do anything if they are blocked. You need to pull the jets out and use compressed air to blow them out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should this thing be able to pull a wheelie it is stock with 26 inch itp mud and snow tires. I know when it was bought new it would????

·
Registered
2005 PrairieTeam Green 700
114 Posts
Yes, if it did it new it should do it now as long as everything is within spec, especially the belt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts