Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to brutes but i bought a quad with 500 miles on it, it hadnt been ridin for a few months when i test rode it the thing ran fine when i went out all day it started to spit and sputter. I think some junk got stirred up and got into my pilot. I had to ride with the choke on. Any advice on jetting would be great i know they have issues being lean. And we ride in the winter here in mn so its probably really lean. Any help would be great i had a 650v2 cat so i know how to take carbs off etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Across the River

I am right across the river here in WI and I use my 07 all winter for plowing, ice fishing, and riding. Never had to much of a problem as far as running lean for the weather with stock settings on the carbs. I have aftermarket exhaust and main jets now but I annually have to clean my carbs. There was a lot getting past my stock air filter so I went to Dennis Kirk and got a good aftermarket one so it seemed to have helped tremendously. I would clean the carbs, get a good air filter, make sure the carb boots are tight. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts