Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I found one thread from 13 years ago about my problem. Don't know if those guys are even still alive!
Anyway it's an 07 750A and it's doing all the symptoms that the previous years did
. Over heats, no fan, belt light, drains the battery. Those guys were saying 05 had a bad connector next to the fill tank, 06 they did away with the connector. Well, mines an 07, so where do I start cutting and splicing!?

·
Super Moderator
4,431 Posts
The buss connectors were all removed by 2006 so you...need to start with the connections under the fuse box..Remove it and turn it over.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Yeah, we know the colors, are the connections good ?
Did you check all the ground wire connections at the front top left of the shock tower, behind the shifter, and at the engine ?
What's the operating battery voltage ?
Annnnnddddd, what is it exactly doing that is the issue ?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
As for your fan, take the two wires off of the radiator thermostat, and jump them together, does the fan run, and does it run strong ?
For the belt light you need to check the switch position on the inside of the belt cover/it should be positioned towards the rear of the quad. Is the cogs at least at the top of the secondary pulley/the cogs should be around a sixteenth to an 8th inch above the secondary pulley.
Annddd there so much more to check.
You should download a service manual at this point to get familiar with this atv.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, we know the colors, are the connections good ?
Did you check all the ground wire connections at the front top left of the shock tower, behind the shifter, and at the engine ?
What's the operating battery voltage ?
Annnnnddddd, what is it exactly doing that is the issue ?
As for your fan, take the two wires off of the radiator thermostat, and jump them together, does the fan run, and does it run strong ?
I may have found the problem. A BC501 Breaker, one of the leads was broken off. Some threads on that issue say to connect a regular 10amp fuse to see if the fan kicks on and off.
The battery is not taking a charge so I'll continue troubleshooting tomorrow after getting a new one

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Ahh, yeah I always forget about that fan breaker / yes we just splice in a waterproof fuse holder with a 10 or 1 amp fuse.
If the battery is weak or old, that can cause a lot of gremlins shenanigans to happen, especially the beltt light issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts