Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
You mean the override? It allows you to go faster in reverse.

·
Registered
930 Posts
could someone tell me what is the overdrive switch for and how do you use it
It's for 40HP on mine and you just push it and hold on.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Mine does that also. 40 extra Hp. Theirs must be broke.

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
40 is enough for me. That's about 30 at the rear wheels, and will put mine at 100-110 rwhp.
:D:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
40 is enough for me. That's about 30 at the rear wheels, and will put mine at 100-110 rwhp.
:D:D
i wish i could be up there. but i think ill be more close to 85 (while pushing the "over ride" button)at the most... but i hope im wrong.i just got into the v twin so im learning.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Well that's wishful thinking on my part. I really don't know what it will dyno except what I hear. 75-85 range.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does it give you anymore power in high gear on a 08 brute? Or were you just talking about in reverse?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
It just works for reverse and allows you to go a little faster, say if you were stuck in a mud hole and was rocking back and forth.
Some will hook our (optional) nitrous system spray activation up to the override button because of the convenient thumb position. You don't need the override button if you have a dynatek cdi because its already overridden.

·
Registered
259 Posts
there talking a bout using the override for the nitrous activation. on a stock bike the override will allow you to go full speed in reverse. be careful though it will strow you if your not careful lol

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
absolutely not. its only for it not to sputter and pop and barely rev in reverse. If you hit it going reverse it gives you full power. For most of us its a 40 or 50 shot of nos if you have the system. For stock its the "override"

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
i know this doesn't apply to the subject but if you ever want to take off the choke lever heres the "safe" way to do it. first spray a can of wd 40 on the bottom of the bolt that is frozen, then put a torch to it "forgetting" that wd40 does indeed burn. Then, walk away to get the screwdriver to take the unfroze bolt off, and walk back watching the left side of your handlebar burn ;)

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
i know this doesn't apply to the subject but if you ever want to take off the choke lever heres the "safe" way to do it. first spray a can of wd 40 on the bottom of the bolt that is frozen, then put a torch to it "forgetting" that wd40 does indeed burn. Then, walk away to get the screwdriver to take the unfroze bolt off, and walk back watching the left side of your handlebar burn ;)
:eek::eek::eek:

and you want a NOS kit!!!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
yes i do! but hopefully i dont open a 40 shot right in front of a tree :lol:, i think we all make mistakes but i was sharing a funny one. Funny thing, it only burnt the bottom of the plastic where the choke lever was, and i was able to take the lever right out after that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
no i apologize to you, i was not trying to look like a jerk because over at the engine forums ill try to explain something, people take offense to me for no reason and start a major fight. One time there was a fight so bad people were threatening each others lives...

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
ok im not quite getting what your trying to do here... i never said anyone is taking offense to you. are you just re stating what i already said? what are you trying to tell me because it doesn't quite make sense.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I don't get this guys message either -
any moderators want to chime in on
Addisonnel his message is all over different threads........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts