Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my name is John and I'm new to these forums. I recently picked up a 07 brute force 650 with 2366 miles for 2600, has a 2 inch lift big itp mud mayhems and a top mount radiator. Was running pretty good the day I bought it but the next day I went to start and it will crank and turn over but will not fire. Choke on/ off playing with throttle and still nothing. Was running good yesterday but at full throttle it would bog a little. It's about 40 degrees Fahrenheit we're I'm (hancock Michigan) just curious of anybody has had similar issues and seeing if there is any insight before I take it in to the shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
carbed?

how old is the gas?

pull the plugs and see how they look.
gas is fresh, and it is carbed. had a shop look at it and they said its low on compression(40 psi) on front cylinder, they didnt check rear cylinder. they also told me its should have 120 psi of compression which doesnt seems right at all. also plugs are good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
38-66psi is normal with the compression releases working correctly. The Front is getting close but should run.
Do you think I should get a second opinion on it at a different shop. I was kinda worried when they said 120 psi and also said the motor is shot but didn't tear into it at all. Just a compression test on the front

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate your help, I didn't want to sell it for a loss quite yet. I'm going to take it to a different local dealer tomorrow. Also the shop I had it at said they wanted to do a full rebuild for 4300 and I said probably not, considering I paid 2600 for the whole unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts